Will the new style running boards fit my 12? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Will the new style running boards fit my 12?

Hi Guys,

Just got my truck 2 weeks ago and love it! a former Ford guy but I am glad I made the switch. Being new to this truck soon i will have a hell of a lot more question you all may see me post!

Anyhow, my truck didn't come with any running boards and I want to add a pair. I like the OEM ones, but then I saw the new style OEM ones on the 13'. I like how they appear to be more square looking since they have one single flat surface. Does anyone know if they will fit on my 12' crew cab dually? I assume they never changed the mounting points, but I wanted to check... Here are pictures of the running boards in question.

Thanks in advance!

12' Ram 3500 CC DRW Laramie 4X4

Last edited by ETKMS; 06-10-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETKMS View Post
Hi Guys,

Just got my truck 2 weeks ago and love it! a former Ford guy but I am glad I made the switch. Being new to this truck soon i will have a hell of a lot more question you all may see me post!

Anyhow, my truck didn't come with any running boards and I want to add a pair. I like the OEM ones, but then I saw the new style OEM ones on the 13'. I like how they appear to be more square looking since they have one single flat surface. Does anyone know if they will fit on my 12' crew cab dually? I assume they never changed the mounting points, but I wanted to check... Here are pictures of the running boards in question.

Thanks in advance!
Those are really not 'new' per say. Regardless, they will work on your 12 with no problem. Keep in mind, the 2013 2500 has the same frame, same body, so anything like that will be a complete bolt up.

Hope the helps.

Moose

2019 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 loaded including sunroof - 4.10 Gear Pulling Monster...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Those are really not 'new' per say. Regardless, they will work on your 12 with no problem. Keep in mind, the 2013 2500 has the same frame, same body, so anything like that will be a complete bolt up.

Hope the helps.

Moose
Thank you! that did help a lot. Being new to the Ram, I just didn't know if anything significant was changed on the 13 to make them not fit. Were these running boards out before the 13' models? I have not seen them on any trucks before then.

12' Ram 3500 CC DRW Laramie 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode