Headstud shop in Florida - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grey12megacab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Headstud shop in Florida

Hello all... Not sure if I am posting in the appropriate forum and perhaps the mods could move this if I'm lost...

I have a deleted 12 with a Minimax, boost fooler and an AFE2 intake. I just purchased a set of 625's to install for some added security and took on some extra projects that mean my time isn't going to be available to install them!

So I called a few shops and nobody seems to want to do a bolt by bolt stop and insist on a full head pull, check, new upper gaskets etc... For $3500 at best... This is nuts! I paid $700 in Canada years ago for some headstuds on my old truck... I also read on here some people are having it done for similar money, I can't find anyone!

Anyone know of a shop in Florida (anywhere, I'll drive if I must) that does good work for a fair price? I want to do the one by one head in place swap if possible. I would even entertain a drive to Georgia if it isn't possible here. I'm down in Naples and completely lost...

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:41 AM
Cummins Fan

Garage
Alot of shops wont do them one at a time because it will come back on them if you blow a gasket n lift the head. If it was me I'd just wait until you get the time to do them yourself. If not, Bruce wilson was in Florida at after hours but I think hes since closed n went back to his dads tractor shop. Idk where it's at to you but check with Shane at venom performance. He usually does more duramax stuff but worth a shot.

Name is Nic. Current: 2012 Built 6.8L qcsb 48re swap, previous big hp duramax, built vp trucks,12v, few powerstrokes, thanks to freedom racing engines, forced inductions, wcfab, lds, wiles performance, fleece, and some friends for the help.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:35 AM
On call 24/7

Thanked 1,223 Times in 1,086 Posts
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Jake White owns White's Diesel up in Nokomis. He specializes in ford but works on everything. Bruce did close shop and is currently running the family tractor business. Josh Foster, JIT on the forum, is up around Brandon, I can send you his info if you want.

1998 12v, 4x4, Club Cab, Carli, Thuren, BlueTop, Core 4x4, BD Diesel, PDD 5x.012, South Bend
2012 Laramie Longhorn, EFI by Ryan, Carli, Thuren
1995 Dually, Weston's 5x.016, 4k GSK, 5" FloPro, 255/85r16 Toyo M/T, Goerend, ARP, 60# Springs, BW 62/65/14, BW 75/96/1.10, Isspro, Fass 125, BDP Sump, 7mm DV's, 751 HP 1883 FP Torque on NOS
1998 P-Pumped 24v, 4x4, NV4500 swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I spoke with Whites and they gave me a 3.5k quote saying I have to remove the head etc. I really don't want to break the factory to then reseal...

If I stud it and it lifts the head then it is what it is and I get a new gasket and spend the money, I just see no reason to do that until it does.

I know a lot of naysayers will say it has to be removed to be perfect but honestly there are lots of things I should replace just in case they fail later under added strain, but my headgasket isn't one I think I need until it does as the likelyhood of causing a catastrophic failure if it fails is slim. If people are saying 'why change the bolts with your mods' then I'm all the way confused as to why I would need a head job to add a little more clamping force.

If you have details for the guy in Brandon I would really appreciate it! I'm going to stop by venom today and chat with them!

Thanks guys... Appreciate the input! The more the better!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:34 AM
On call 24/7

Thanked 1,223 Times in 1,086 Posts
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Pm sent.........

1998 12v, 4x4, Club Cab, Carli, Thuren, BlueTop, Core 4x4, BD Diesel, PDD 5x.012, South Bend
2012 Laramie Longhorn, EFI by Ryan, Carli, Thuren
1995 Dually, Weston's 5x.016, 4k GSK, 5" FloPro, 255/85r16 Toyo M/T, Goerend, ARP, 60# Springs, BW 62/65/14, BW 75/96/1.10, Isspro, Fass 125, BDP Sump, 7mm DV's, 751 HP 1883 FP Torque on NOS
1998 P-Pumped 24v, 4x4, NV4500 swap
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks pal! Called and left a message for Josh... Fingers crossed! I'll stop at Venom tomorrow as it's 8 miles from my house and worth a chat!

Appreciate all the help!
Silvergorilla likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:02 PM
Cummins Fan

Garage
I've done studs one at a time in other vehicles. Didnt have an issue.

Name is Nic. Current: 2012 Built 6.8L qcsb 48re swap, previous big hp duramax, built vp trucks,12v, few powerstrokes, thanks to freedom racing engines, forced inductions, wcfab, lds, wiles performance, fleece, and some friends for the help.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Correct timing and power settings are more important than studs when running your Mini.
You may know that and already know how to set it up correctly. No defuels etc. Just putting it out there.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.
High tech old school and finally lovin it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode