Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Ideas to consider when soundproofing your truck.
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Big Red Mega
Cummins Enthusiast

Incredible info in this thread... I used much of this...

One thing I did that others might consider is to address the radiant heat that can enter the cab... I used radiant barrier (looks like a huge sheet of aluminum foil with string in it to hold it together) over the new carpet pad. I also used "bubble wrap" radiant barrier (this provides some insulation value) this was combined with a sheet of 1/2" thick rubber and a layer of carpet padding for the back wall - it did get very thick in the back and has made the back seat a little harder to fold up (but I don't do it often and it is not hard, but I wanted others to know it did change the feel).

Clarification here: I used the sheet on the floor. I used the bubble wrap on the back wall and I will use it on the ceiling (when I do the headliner).

Just somethings to consider.

BRM

UNICORN of HOLY GRAILS - '98 2500 12V QUAD cab 5sp 4x4 SB- PERFORMAX. Torktek overflow, Power Driven Diesel installed 650 hp pack: AFC Live, 5x14, 7mm DVs, 4K kit. Studs, O-ringed, 60lbs springs, Garrett BB turbo, 4" straight, SB DD w input.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome