Front dually spacer? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
1st Gen Tire and Wheel Discussion of tire and wheel options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Front dually spacer?

I have a 1990 W350 dually and am looking at some fuel mavericks. I am wondering if the will fit and what I can do because my truck has 5/8 studs? also I am looking at rims with a front single wheel conversion and just wondering how I would get the dually spacer off and make this work ?
I have also read things about having to centre the wheel with tapered lugs or studs? Just not clear on if these rims will work for me, any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:20 AM

I knew this is an older post but Im curious what you came up with. Iím doing exactly the same thing: I bought a dually front axle from a w350 and Im converting to single front wheel. I bought a set of dually front hubs that someone sheared the wheel stud locations off, narrowed the hub slightly on a lathe and is using the thicker rear stud mounting locations for a longer stud that now holds the rotor, the hub, and the wheel. It is beefier than the factory hubs and the track is now slightly wider- which is good because Iím trying to run 3rd gen wheel on this 1st gen crewcab. Prior to this, the 3rd gen wheels hit the balljoints because of the increased offset.
What did you do? Iím in the middle of this and about to mount the axle any day now- my backup plan is to mount a set of Raceline 983 Wheels (17Ēx9) which I happen to have two of, but I was trying to avoid paying retail for two more wheels in the middle of my 1st gen crewcab ctd build...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Hemphill
93 D250 Dually AirRide, 92 D350 Dually,...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 CTD, NV4500 in a 85 F350 SRW Crewcab
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12vFFS View Post
just wondering how I would get the dually spacer off and make this work ?
Its not a spacer. It is a complete bearing hub cast in proportions to fit the OE dually wheels.

Gorilla makes a tapered seat 5/8" nut (60 degree; std for SRW wheels)
https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...57ht/overview/

There is also a more generic nut, but has a different seat angle (90 degree)
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-26436-611-055.aspx

I consider DRW a hassle unless you're running really heavy all the time. 3750-4000# rated singles do everything I need.

If you did switch to SRW hubs, you could get away from the old 'external' style lockouts, and then run a spacer tailored for your aftermarket dually wheels. Really depends what your priorities are.

93 W250 Club 6BTA |5spd |60/80/3.54/Lockright |4" lift |315/75R16 |HX35 |5x.012s |BD pin & gov spring
84 Ramcharger (project) 6BT |5spd |WH1C| D70/3.07 ...plus a few other 75-93 D/W trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode