Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dodge’s New 2010 Heavy-Duty Pickups: Ram 2500 and 3500

31K views 39 replies 35 participants last post by  W_A_Watson_II 
#1 ·

Unveiled simultaneously at the Chicago Auto Show and Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, Dodge made a big (and we mean big) splash with its new lineup of Heavy-Duty pickups.

Both the new Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 will be available with either the new 5.7-liter HEMI V8 or a 6.7-liter Cummins turbo diesel. The HEMI makes 383hp at 5600 rpm and 400 ft-lbs of torque at 4000 rpm, although for serious work it’s best to opt for the diesel with 350hp at 3000 rpm and a massive 650 ft-lbs of torque at just 1500 rpm. That Cummins diesel meets all 50-state emissions requirements and is the only engine it this segment to feature a standard exhaust brake to reduce brake fade and increase brake life. The brakes are, however, still impressive with front 14.2-inch and rear 14.1-inch units with ABS.

The 6.7-liter Cummins is available with either a 68RFE six-speed automatic or a G56 six-speed manual transmission with an ultra-low first gear for towing.

The 3500 is offered in three cab styles (regular cab, crew-cab and Mega Cab) and two cargo-box sizes (6-foot-4-inches and 8 feet), in single and dual-rear-wheel configurations with an integrated trailer brake controller. Five trim levels are available: ST, SLT, TRX, Laramie and Power Wagon.

The Ram 3500 with the Cummins diesel offers a towing capacity of 18,500 lbs with a max payload of 5,110 lbs. Auto-box dually models with the 4.10 rear end get an increased Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) of 24,5000 lbs - up 500 lbs. The 4×2 3500 models increase from 23,000 lbs tt 24,000 lbs.

More: Dodge’s New 2010 Heavy-Duty Pickups: Ram 2500 and 3500 on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#8 ·
I like the new trucks... I think they should've kept the megacab dually fenders and made them for all duallies.

#9 ·
i think they are growing on me. but im still not much of a fan. i will keep my 06 5.9 i guess i will have to get one when this truck dies but i got awhile before that happens.

#11 ·
I like the look of these! They did something funny with the lines at the top of the bed though. Anybody else notice that? Other than that and the front grille not diggin' that especially either LOL. I really like the dually :headbang:

I thought they were gonna quit makin' megacabs and start making a regular sized crewcab? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that cab looks just as large as the previous models.

#12 ·
I'm a fan of it really. But of course when the 2nd gens came out, I didn't care for those much either. I am sure it will grow on me.

As mentioned before, the lines on the bed look kind of weird to me. I don't like the headlight style. But the hood and grill look like they belong on some sort of military rig, which is awesome!

#23 ·
I can't wait to see one in person...I think they look bad ....!

The only down flal is I love the mega cab and you can still only get a mega cag in the short bed.....

So the million dollar question is do I spend the money to stretch my 06 mega cab or wait and spend that money to stretch a 2010....I was told by the dealer the frames are identical as my 06?

We'll just have to wait and see when they are actually priced out!

Maybe I can get some bail out money to order me one up...you think?

#24 ·
Fordge??

Is It Me Or Does This Thing Look Too Much Like A Furd???

#25 ·
It does look alittle like a Furd but that grille is Dodge. And the cab still looks Dodge as well. I think when you put the pictures side by side it does look mean. I love my 06 but this one is growing on me already. :headbang:

#26 ·
These trucks look awesome, i like these heavy duty's even better than the half tons. Especially the interior is nice. But the truck looks incredibly mean from the outside. I know what my next truck is gonna be, a 2011 or 2012 megacab dually:headbang::party018:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.