Long time off the forum, used to be username 6_7 but I won't bore you with all those details as I really need some help here. A bit of background, truck is a 2007.5, 6.7 with 68rfe auto trans, 4x4 with only 100k miles and up to this point completely trouble free. Been doing a lot of suspension upgrades with the last piece being some Thuren Alien Arms. Anyway, went to take the truck in for an alignment and that's when the problems started. The whole process felt a bit off as the shop seemed to take way too long for what should be a simple job. On day 2 of them having the truck they asked if I've ever had problems with it not starting. My response was never and immediately headed over to their shop to find it sitting on the alignment rack and sure enough it will not start, details are:
- Key fob seems to work fine and will lock/unlock it
- With key turned to on position things still seem normal from memory but I could be missing something. Stereo works, warning lights on dash are on, fuel gauge moves, etc.
- When key is rotated to start nothing happens and I mean nothing, could't even hear any solenoid clicks.
- They did have the truck sitting for a long time with key on during the alignment struggles.
- Batteries are only 2.5 years old although I haven't been driving the truck much lately. Voltage measured 12.1V and maybe went to 11.9 with key on start. We tried it with a few different battery jump starters with no change and their hand held battery tester said they were OK.
- The mechanic had been doing some research and read about the IOD fuse which he tried pulling out for 10 minutes which did not help
-The mechanic also said he scanned it and didn't see any codes
We disconnected the batteries before leaving to clear anything and they are closed until Tuesday at which point I'll go back for one last try before having it towed. Any ideas on some quick things to check or ways to get it started so I won't need to tow? I've done the shorting the starter relay trick on some old vehicles to get it to crank but wasn't sure if that was a smart thing to do here
Thanks for any help and ideas on this!