68rfe heating problems - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
68rfe heating problems

Like the title says I have a 68rfe with heating problems. If it’s over 80degrees outside the trans will heat up haven’t found how high it will actually go I stop once it hits 210-220 and shut truck off to let it cool cause if not it keeps climbing. If it’s below 80 out it never gets above 160 no matter how you drive it. Just fully rebuilt trans myself so I know everything is done right runs fine no hard shifts no slipping nothing. Can’t fogure this problem out. I also installed a new cooler as well. Any one have anything they think to check? Really agrivating to fully rebuild a unit and the temps be getting highly. Any help is much appreciated

The Following User Says Thank You to Megaslab07 For This Useful Post:
DJENSEN101 (02-03-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Does your model year have the thermostatic bypass block? Did your other trans grenade and possibly left stuff in the cooler or lines and no hot flush was done? If you rebuild this one yourself this may be all obvious to you. Just throwing ideas out there. kudos to you on the rebuild.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Sorry, I see you have a new cooler, hopefully all the lines were flushed.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Update driving home last night on freeway at 60mph trans wouldn’t lock up on torque converter kept engaging and disengaging exited to get off and completed lost everything went into limp mode temps rocketed up to 235-245 shut truck off immediately and looked and fluid pouring out of dip stick tube. Have no idea where to even begin no CEL nothing got it hauled home haven’t had the energy to look at it since
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Did you figure this one out?

08 RAM 3500 dually, 6.7 fully deleted, 430,000Km

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripitakaBC View Post
Did you figure this one out?
I got it running right ended up having to rebuild it again. Only thing I changed out other than the broken parts was a I ended up putting a new valve body on it. Got 1500 miles on it now and so far so good
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 09:10 PM

Nice to hear. When you did the original rebuild, did you use the existing pump or did you put a new one in?

08 RAM 3500 dually, 6.7 fully deleted, 430,000Km

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripitakaBC View Post
Nice to hear. When you did the original rebuild, did you use the existing pump or did you put a new one in?
Man i built the stupid thing like 3 times before I got it I just threw parts at it till it was all brand new basically, it’s got as of now suncoast stage0 rebuild kit with the sonnax UD/OD drum, revmaxx pump, revmaxx converter, revmaxx HD/TOW valve body and the suncoast solenoid pack. It’s got other hard parts I had to replace but just used a local trans shop to order good used parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode