studder under acceleration - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
studder under acceleration

Hey guys I just bought a 07.5 3500 with the 6.7. It's been deleted but I have no idea about tunning. I am having a issue with the truck studdering when accelerating. The best way I can describe it is a da da da da real fast. It will stop if I let out of it and then get back into it. It has an aftermarket pump in the bottom of the tank. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:59 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like it may be sucking air. Check the connections to be sure you don't have any loose ends or broken fuel lines. If everything is OK you may have to check the fuel pump inside your tank there may be a loose clamp in there, that's where I had my leaking. My truck would do that when my fuel tank was 3/4 full. You may want to install a fuel pressure gauge, That's cheaper than a mechanic, it will help you on fuel related issues.
Hope this helps 👋
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode