Please help - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

1Likes
  • 1 Post By s10010001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Please help

Can anyone help me? I have an 07.5 dodge ram 6.7 with the 68rfe trans its stuck in limp mode it started about a 2 weeks ago truck went into limp mode while driving checked faults found one for transmission pressure sensor cleared it and truck went to normal. Then Sunday same thing limp mode and this time code for turbine speed sensor cleared code and this time it Did not fix it been in limp mode ever sincewith no new code tried a few different things then code for gear 4 incorrect ratio came On i even replaced the valve body any solenoid pack and did not fix it now it says gear 3 incorrect ratio wtf?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
So, CEL's are not generally something to "just clear and ignore" they come one for a reason, when you address the problem, then you clear the code.

I would first, check the obvious stuff, trans fluid levels and an overall visual for obvious issues. Then look up the code to find the diagnostic path and move thru the steps.
Loki223 likes this.

2008 6.7 2500 4x4 Auto 3.73
2000 5.9 3500 4x4 Auto 4.10 (sold)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. You mentioned a pressure related code and replacing the line pressure sensor, you also said you replaced valvebody and solenoid pack, is there any chance that your pan filter is not properly seated in valve body or the purple rubber check valve popped off filter? I installed a new transmission last year, I was taking it easy on trans so CVI values could get settled. I finally felt I could get a little bit more aggressive with transmission and as soon as I gave it about 40% pedal I felt a really weird 2-3 shift, might have been 3-4, but truck chimed and CEL immediately came on. I was so mad, this was the 3rd transmission from SunCoast, anyways I got home put truck in drive and read codes using my Edge CTSII. 0944,0868? and 0733, these are from memory and not sure second one is right. They were for loss of prime, low pressure and incorrect gear ratio on 3rd gear. I was literally sick and my wife was going to kill me, she absolutely did not want me spending almost 8 grand on aftermarket trans, but I had assured her it was going to save money in long run, now I am well over 20 grand into transmissions and still working out issues. Anyways if my misfortunes can help someone else, at least thatís 1 thing good. I did a bunch of research and found tons of people having issues with the pan filter. So, my daughter and I picked up new filters at dealership, drained trans, dropped pan and everything looked fine. I replaced filters anyway and was about to put pan back on and while wiping inside of pan clean, I find a small purple piece of rubber. I had no idea what it was and continued to put trans together and fill with fluid. I finally was finished and thinking I had accomplished nothing, went back in house. I decided to take a better look at old filters and piece of rubber, it didnít take a genius to realize the rubber piece was close to same size as a couple of holes on pan filter. I blew into top of filter while blocking suction hole on bottom and air easily came out of one of the holes and to my amazement rubber piece fit in hole perfectly. When installed filter was air tight in relation to suction, but if there was any positive pressure it would let it out to a point, too much positive pressure and it would blow rubber piece out. Although I wasnít sure that I had completely fixed my issue, it was obvious that trans pump had been sucking a lot of air with the fluid. As it turns out it was in fact the entire issue and truck was fine after filter replacement. So, either a badly seated filter or blown rubber valve on filter will cause same issue. Truck gets just enough fluid to work properly until it gets in a situation where pump canít get enough fluid to maintain enough pressure to make a proper shift. I think the fact I was going uphill allowed that small hole to suck all the air it could, but as soon as vehicle was flat again hole was probably submerged in oil and had zero effect. I really hope that this might be your issue, it is the easiest and cheapest fix you could hope for, if not maybe someone else will read this and pass this info on to someone it does help. Please keep us informed, especially when you find what the problem is. Hoping for the best and good luck, Tom J.

2015 maximum steel 2500 BigHorn, HPP/CTT EFI Live, RevMax Sig 850, Garrett GTX4294R 70.3/82/1.01, Steed Speed, TS ďBig BubbaĒ BOV, S&S 150% Inj, Custom 11mm CP3, Fleece PowerFlo Lift Pump, ARP 625, Hamilton 182/214 cam, Springs & Pushrods, 4.10ís.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode