Feeling very small.... - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Feeling very small....

Well here we again and again, my truck is the only truck in the entire universe with this transmission or torque problem? So this has been ongoing for years but only in very cold weather thru out our winters. What has been going on is I'll warm up the truck for anywhere from 10-20 minutes jump in throw her into gear and she'll lock up and take off like the neighbours dog when I yell at it after it S**t in my yard! It can do this in forward or reverse, it'll lock up so bad sometimes that it will kill the engine dead. BUT it doesn't do it all the time. So I noticed it only in the cold but guess what? Lately it's been doing the same as today it's 0 degrees out truck ran for 15 minutes I jumped in put it into drive and sat there for about 8-10 seconds and away she went like that dog! So because no one on earth has had this happen how the hell am I supposed to repair it? I have talked to trans engineer only to say that I need a valve in the line, oil is freezing in the cooler! I doubt this . My local guy who did the valve body and programming couldn't figure it out. So really what is going on with this thing? All you truck guys' out there have never seen this or know someone whos' friggin truck is doing this. I am not going to go and get a complete rebuilt trans. or torque convertor for the sake of it and spend $7,000. on this truck and to only find out at some time later it's doing it again ,there must be some way to test this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:29 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
You could have it taken to a trans shop where they can hook it up to a scan tool and see if they can watch your line pressures, CVIs, and TCC status when they start it cold.

However, given that transengineer was one of the folks at dodge who worked on the 68ís design and development, Iím betting heís not far off. Cold fluid gets viscous and if youíve got an existing restriction (ie clutch material) hung up somewhere in the lines it could be that itís not pushing past it til it gets warm and thins out. Iím no trans expert though; I understand barely enough about these voodoo slushboxes to be dangerous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Resistol. Anarchy EFI, 5" TBE, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -4" springs, reverse level, Amsoil bypass filter, Revmax VB / TCM, & a pile of boxes in the garage...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode