Advice on next step - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Advice on next step

My sig covers the basics, nothing too overboard, yet.

Looking at doing the following:

Edge gone for EFI Live, need advice on a company THAT YOU GUYS have used and have great reviews on.

Headstuds

60 lb valve springs

injectors, Need some advice on what i would truly need, the boys in the garage always think i need way more than i do.

lastly the least favorite part on jsut about any of our trucks, the tranny.

I know the big ones ats suncoast, and have been reviewing garmon a bit. I have also read some threads on a 48RE conversion ?!?!? I'm a bit new to anything PAST the bolt on out of the box stuff so here's my driving facts, and wants.

It IS a daily driver, i do go off road, not like mud bogs but she does work in the wider trails around here. I do haul but regularly nothing than my 17' with some four wheelers and dead animals on it. I am looking for LONG LASTING but still enough power to have fun with, well a little more fun than I am now, and not needing to truly worry about getting on it a bit more from time to time.

Lastly long hauls, of my entire life picked up and moved every 2-4 years, due to the military. SO any advice or recommendations on brands, shops, and anything of the likes or recommendations on other parts to add or nix, Ill be waiting.

Thanks in advance.

'08-2500 QCSB--AFE Intake--5" FLO PRO TBE-- HBS 3" Level and Steering stab Bar-- Sinister EGR Delete-- EFI live by Phil @ Anarchy--Thuren Shocks--35x12.50x17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittdiesel View Post
My sig covers the basics, nothing too overboard, yet.

Looking at doing the following:

Edge gone for EFI Live, need advice on a company THAT YOU GUYS have used and have great reviews on.

Headstuds

60 lb valve springs

injectors, Need some advice on what i would truly need, the boys in the garage always think i need way more than i do.

lastly the least favorite part on jsut about any of our trucks, the tranny.

I know the big ones ats suncoast, and have been reviewing garmon a bit. I have also read some threads on a 48RE conversion ?!?!? I'm a bit new to anything PAST the bolt on out of the box stuff so here's my driving facts, and wants.

It IS a daily driver, i do go off road, not like mud bogs but she does work in the wider trails around here. I do haul but regularly nothing than my 17' with some four wheelers and dead animals on it. I am looking for LONG LASTING but still enough power to have fun with, well a little more fun than I am now, and not needing to truly worry about getting on it a bit more from time to time.

Lastly long hauls, of my entire life picked up and moved every 2-4 years, due to the military. SO any advice or recommendations on brands, shops, and anything of the likes or recommendations on other parts to add or nix, Ill be waiting.

Thanks in advance.
I would call up cumminstuner

And there's nothing wrong with the valve springs to need to change them

The head studs would be a good idea as for the trans that's where you better start saving get a good converter maybe a deep pan and I wouldn't mess with anything but a co-pilot from ats for trans control

1998.5 Dodge 2500 5 Spd 4wd ......SOLD......

95 Dodge 2500 single cab 4wd
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Any recommendations for the trans?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'08-2500 QCSB--AFE Intake--5" FLO PRO TBE-- HBS 3" Level and Steering stab Bar-- Sinister EGR Delete-- EFI live by Phil @ Anarchy--Thuren Shocks--35x12.50x17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:53 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittdiesel View Post
Any recommendations for the trans?

Like stated before get a good converter for it and a co-pilot and it should hold for a long time unless you start going crazy with more power and beating on it a lot

1998.5 Dodge 2500 5 Spd 4wd ......SOLD......

95 Dodge 2500 single cab 4wd
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,658 Times in 2,231 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Looks like your making the swing to EFI Live man good for you. I remember talking to you on the phone or via text awhile back. You do not need injectors. You are limited by air not fuel. Air before fuel. Look into a RevMax 550 for your trans.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Yea edge about fried my truck. It's fixed now. But I am done with it. I'm getting ei live and an insight for monitoring

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,658 Times in 2,231 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
I hear ya. If I can assist let me know.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Diesel Freak

Anarchy Diesel for your efilive, great tuning and great service.

I have read that davematthews does great trans tuning if youd not going to a Revmax 550 trans,

2007,6.7 ,68RFE,4x4,QCSB,,AFE CAI ,H&S delete,FloPro 5" TBE 6" SS tip,Autometer factory match gauges,EFILive from Anarchy.Stainless Diesel 2nd gen s465,TCM by Draconian Diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode