Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Mini maxx showing 0 boost and codes came up

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  chickman1313 
#1 ·
Hello, I am really needing some help on my 2007 Dodge 6.7 with 193,000 miles I have deleted the following items and am using a H&S mini maxx and everything has been running fine until I had to slam on the brakes and these codes popped up. P061C and P0335 crankshaft position sensor which I had already changed to a new one. The truck seems to run fine but is hard to start. The turbo seems to be working but my mini maxx is showing 0 on the boost.
EGR and Throttle valve deleted
EGR cooler deleted
CCV deleted with filter out and is running into catch can
S&B cold air intake
Turbo back to muffler deleted
New B&D intake
Crankshaft position sensor
and complete service, oil, fuel and antifreeze. Can you please give me some advice on what to do.
Thank you
Scott Lee

#2 ·
I think the biggest clue is that you slammed on the brakes and the codes popped up.

The first thing I would do is start at the firewall and inspect the WHOLE harness going to the crank, cam and map sensors.
Look for areas that appear rubbed and failing that check internally for shorts.

If the 0 boost reading isn't real then you're probably dealing with a shorted harness.

A good shop manual would help with the wiring tests. Take a trip over to the article section on carbonitecummins.com for what you need.

Oh, and make sure you check out the cam sensor too. I've read many posts for a bad crank sensor when it turns out to be the cam sensor instead.

#4 ·
xcc_rider, once again I want to thank you for your info. That’s why I like coming to this site. I have been running diesel trucks for a long time but after doing the deletes on this truck, it’s been a learning curve. I hope my fix may help somebody else that may have this problem. Evidently a rock or something got in between the crankshaft position sensor and the wheel with the teeth and broke the sensor. Put a new one in and it’s working fine. Thanks again for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.