Build Reccomendations 600+HP - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Build Reccomendations 600+HP

First off,

Pickup is a 2008 6.7 2500

I smoked the stock trans in this truck about 7 months ago playing around in my hot tune. After going back and forth with myself, devils advocate prevailed. Knowing that the time would come where I wanted to build more HP, I decided upon a Revmax Signature Series 700

Truck is tuned through PPEI and Deleted, FASS 150 series, stock motor top to bottom, 5" exhaust to the back. I put the FASS on sometime ago due to my concerns with fuel quality in my rural area.

With the transmission in there, at this point I have taken care of one of the most costly upfront component prior to pushing more fuel through this machine

I've got a shopping-list that I wanted some input on,

Top End:
-58 LPM Dragon Flow Injectors from T&C Diesel Performance (accompanied by a Stroked Pump from T&C as well)
-ARP 625 Head Studs
-Stock Cummins Head Gasket
-103 Valve Springs and Tool Steel Retainers from Hamilton
-Hamilton Heavy Duty Push Rods
-XDP Fuel Canister Delete (My FASS system with CAT filters are more than adequate)

Turbo:
This is where I'm at a loss, I'd like to stick with a VGT turbo but I question that with a Upgraded VGT set-up will it hold me back when I want to pour the fuel? but still have street drive-ability.

I'm not interested in a compound set-up as I don't feel that's necessary to get me to where I'd like to build to (650-700HP) and I'm not interested in doing the tedious fabrication to do that.

I'd like to get this figured out soon so I can get this head pulled and checked and decked if need be. Then proceed with getting the rest of my components ordered.

I could use some direction and suggestions on the turbo set-up, as for the rest of my list, It's pretty cookie cutter for adding some strength to the Top End. Throw some suggestions down on your set-ups and your likes/dis-likes about them.

TIA!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:27 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
The VGT is the 1st thing I would not put back on one of these engines. An S464-S467 with an inline exh brake if you are going to tow with it for the HP #s you want. Your stock injectors will have you pretty much there under 600 but will be stretched out. New larger BBIs will certainly get you there.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,662 Times in 2,235 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
I would get injectors and pump from S&S. Injector size Id go with 100%s and have them pulled back. Turbo like said Id go with most likely a S464-S467 range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode