Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Planning a 1000hp build

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Whiskey Actual 
#1 ·
Looking to take my 09 6.7 to a thousand to the wheels. Ballin on a budget style cheap and dirty stock bottom end. Won’t be a quick build but looking to get done. Things on the list as of now. Any input or changes needed feel free to chime in. Looking at either a 476 from borg or forced inductions but also the new s478 from mdc. Planning to piece together my own 2nd gen swap. Some pushrods, valve springs, head studs, clip the water pump, coolant bypass, intake horn, a set of 200% and a 10mm pump over stock. A 48 swap is in the works once after my built once already 68 let’s go. Any input or suggestions would be great. And any good dyno tuning in the northwest Iowa area would be great. Willing to travel a few hundred miles but nothing crazy. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I was looking at that gangster charger but I was also thinking about going bigger because unless my head gasket let’s loose the heads not coming off. If the head comes off I’ll be looking at any other head work. How big of an injector should I be looking at

#6 ·
But the head will be coming off hopefully in the next week. It’ll be going to a machine to shop to get valve seats checked to make sure the heads flat. Any other machine work I should get done while it’s there?

#7 ·
Make sure you spend the money on good head studs! Bottom end you don’t have much to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.