Ebay EGR delete vs Sinister - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:47 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
What Tuner are you planning to go with and where do you think is the best deal on it? I've been looking at MiniMax.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

I'm going with EFILive AutoCal from PPEI- a single 30+ HP tune. I've heard that Kory Willis does good work. As far as a cheap option, outside of a box tune, I haven't been able to find any sub-$500 options.

Besides, a tune isn't an area where I want to go cheap on. I'm willing to spend good $$$ on a custom tune.
s10010001 likes this.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Well I finished the DPF delete pipe installation. It was a bit of a pain to get the DPF pipe inserted into the muffler extension pipe cause it was a tight fit. But it is in now. While I was at it, I drained all the oil, removed the oil filter, and replaced the CCV filter. I'll be putting the new oil filter on tomorow, and filling it up with the new T6 Rotella oil.

I got the air intake horn off. I ordered the 3.5" pusher horn from ebay. It's fairly obvious that the black MAP sensor connector will be transferred over to the new pusher intake. But what about the glass-like probe that was bolted onto the stock horn? I unbolted it and took it out, it looks like a small thin pencil-like probe. What does this do? I don't see a place for it on the new pusher horn.

Pics. Can't believe the local shop wanted $200 for the CCV filter plus $100 labor for replacing it. It was a ten minute job for me. WOW.

And this is the pencil-like probe I was talking about.

Edit: It looks like I can just disconnect the pencil-like probe since it connects to a connector that can be disconnected.
Zacedward likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old Today, 07:38 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
Thatís a pyrometer for the EGR. It can indeed be disconnected. When your delete tuning gets loaded, thatís one of the inputs the ECM will no longer be paying attention to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Resistol. Anarchy EFI, 5" TBE, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -4" springs, reverse level, Amsoil bypass filter, Revmax VB / TCM, & a pile of boxes in the garage...
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Today, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks El Pozz. I went ahead and disconnected it. Took me 20 minutes as the connectors were stuck together (I know about the red safety clips). After wiggling for a good 20 minutes, I finally got them apart.

I went ahead and cleaned the grid heater. I used acetone in combination with a wire brush. It was not that caked up, not as bad as some of the pictures that have been posted here. Still, I went ahead and cleaned it all up. I used a shop vac to vaccum up loose soot. I tried my best not to get soot into the intake, but if we are being completely honest here, any soot that fell into the intake is no worse than what has been put into the engine for the previous 107k miles with the EGR garbage on.

Pics below.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode