Injector Question? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Injector Question?

I've got a 2007.5 deleted with a Mini Max. 172,xxx miles. Looks like I got an injector issue. Truck isn't a daily driver. Use it to pull a camp trailer and snowmobile trailers. I'm looking for a decent injector replacement that won't break the bank. I can't believe the price of these things, (injectors). Who builds, sells a decent replacement that is affordable but not junk? I'm not looking for huge HP, just a good replacement. Is there such a thing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:30 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
Sadly for the common rail trucks, no. At least not that Iíve found yet anyways. These things operate at ridiculous pressures so Bosch requires a ďclean roomĒ setup for injectors to certify the seller as an authorized remanufacturer, and not many places can afford it. Exergy and a couple (like two) are the only ones Iíd personally trust for reman injectors. Most of us here would generally suggest going new. Also keep in mind if youíve got one gone, the other five prob arenít far behind. Plus the labor to change six is barely more than the labor to change one.

With that kind of investment required to fix it if itís a bad injector, itís probably worth ponying up for shop time for a good scanner to run cylinder contribution and injector return rate tests to verify itís definitely an injector.

You could try some fuel system cleaner but thatíll be little more than a band-aid. Might buy you maybe a week, maybe a month, but itíll just be delaying the inevitable if it is an injector.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Resistol. Anarchy EFI, 5" TBE, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -4" springs, reverse level, CalTracs, Amsoil bypass filter, Revmax VB/TCM, & a madly leaking radiator.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM800 View Post
I've got a 2007.5 deleted with a Mini Max. 172,xxx miles. Looks like I got an injector issue. Truck isn't a daily driver. Use it to pull a camp trailer and snowmobile trailers. I'm looking for a decent injector replacement that won't break the bank. I can't believe the price of these things, (injectors). Who builds, sells a decent replacement that is affordable but not junk? I'm not looking for huge HP, just a good replacement. Is there such a thing?
Good morning, like stated finding an injector company that is trustworthy is very hard these days. Especially on a reman injector. Thankfully BBI has made it possible for you to put your mind at ease when buying new or reman injectors. Although a little pricey there is a reason as to why. The failure rates are astronomically low. Reman injectors are less then .3% while their new injectors are less then .1%.

They are just starting to offer 6.7 reman injectors and i will be happy to help you with this if youd like. I can provide lots of information as to why i only choose BBI for my personal and customers injectors needs. I provided some info in another forum that i believe may be beneficial to you.

Link is below.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...ure-rates.html

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Or Email us at:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude_57 View Post
Good morning, like stated finding an injector company that is trustworthy is very hard these days. Especially on a reman injector. Thankfully BBI has made it possible for you to put your mind at ease when buying new or reman injectors. Although a little pricey there is a reason as to why. The failure rates are astronomically low. Reman injectors are less then .3% while their new injectors are less then .1%.

They are just starting to offer 6.7 reman injectors and i will be happy to help you with this if youd like. I can provide lots of information as to why i only choose BBI for my personal and customers injectors needs. I provided some info in another forum that i believe may be beneficial to you.

Link is below.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...ure-rates.html
Thanks for your reply and good reading info. I will be doing some research.
Thanks Again!

2007.5 6.7 Cummins 3500 Full Delete, H&S Minni Max, Suds, 4" Exhaust
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM800 View Post
Thanks for your reply and good reading info. I will be doing some research.
Thanks Again!
Your very welcome my friend. Let me know when your ready for a set and ill be happy to help ya out. We offer first time customer discounts as well.

Ill be more then happy to share more knowledge with you as well. Just shoot me a pm.

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:

Or Email us at:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode