Please read Mini maxx software version features, injection timing - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Please read Mini maxx software version features, injection timing

Okay, sorry to start another thread but I'm losing my mind reading up on the best way to run my truck to keep it reliable. Maybe this could be a sticky?

I have a version on my minimaxx that DOES NOT allow timing or throttle response adjustments, and power levels are stock, tow, street, performance.

Is this a newer or older version?

Am I safe to use this version?

My serial number shows up N/A, I have been told I can update, but box instructions say not to?

Everyone talks about their injection settings, and lots of back and forth on which versions, but frankly, I can find NOTHING on software without adjustable injection timing, and it's making me nuts. It would be nice to compile information on different firmware in one spot, would save me and many others a lot of headaches.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Diesel Freak

Garage
Where did you get the tuner? I believe the reason for the instructions saying not to is because the latest version eliminated the ability to return to any old tune versions.

Just to clarify, what exactly are you doing to the mini and truck when you are looking for the timing settings?

2001 QCSB 2500 maxd 215ppump,7x.014s,S300/S400 Hamilton188/[email protected],street/strip project.
2012 CCSB 3500 Leveled,Black Maxx,Flo pro
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

I got the tuner brand new off Ebay. I am assuming it was new old.stock or reprogrammed. From what I have read, the timing settings are only available during the download process, but mine does not.have that. The only pre-download options I have are low boost fueling and deleted/non deleted tuning. It also is not listed in the mfr instruction manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRobinson View Post
Where did you get the tuner? I believe the reason for the instructions saying not to is because the latest version eliminated the ability to return to any old tune versions.

Just to clarify, what exactly are you doing to the mini and truck when you are looking for the timing settings?

07 6.7 G56 4x4 Crew. Our rodeo rig "Trevor" H&S MiniMaxx, DPF EGR delete
95 F250 351w ZF5 2wd, 300,000 and still going strong "Bessie"
2 palominos, 1 Bay, 1 sorrel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:35 PM

Minimaxx ????????

O.K........new to the forum and I just got a 2007.5, 6.7 Cummins in a 2500 Dodge Ram 4x4. I'm trying to figure out the best tuner to get for future deletes and performance upgrades. I see Minimaxx on ebay but not the Smarty or Smarty Jr. What's better and where do you get them ?
I'm not trying to high jack the thread it just seems 4horsecummins and I have some of the same questions.....

Thanks in advance for any help. New to this forum but not new to Cummins and used to be on other forums as well......

TR
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:55 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,385 Times in 2,463 Posts
H&s has been out if business for a very long time now. Any "new" tuners are likely hacked or used. Be sure if you go that route you know what you're getting into. Best bet is to get efi from a reputable company and be done. Dont cheap out on tuning or become one of the many horror stories you read about.

Scooty Puff Sr - 2016 3500 CCLB
Truckasaurus - 2010 2500 CCSB -sold
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:55 PM

tuners ......

Apparently the new tuners are not delete tuners. I see stuff on ebay but who knows what they really are.......EFI that I have seen are NOT delete capable. Where are folks getting "Delete" tuners now ?
I did see some "Readme" tuners on another site.....anyone know about these. Pretty pricey though, like $800.
Is that the going cost for a delete tuner ?
Just like "the man in black" said I don't want to be the disaster everyone reads about......all I really need is a tuner to get rid of fault/cel/contact dealer/etc. codes after I do deletes. I'm not even going to upgrade the performance (well maybe a little) just need to stop/prevent fault codes after deletes.

Sorry, I guess I did sort of hijack the thread........

TR
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:19 AM
Diesel Head

800 is pretty cheap when you look at the cost of replacing a head gasket, head studs, pistons or remaning an engine. Poor tuning can easily lead to engine damage.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 01:28 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Rico View Post
O.K........new to the forum and I just got a 2007.5, 6.7 Cummins in a 2500 Dodge Ram 4x4. I'm trying to figure out the best tuner to get for future deletes and performance upgrades. I see Minimaxx on ebay but not the Smarty or Smarty Jr. What's better and where do you get them ?
I'm not trying to high jack the thread it just seems 4horsecummins and I have some of the same questions.....

Thanks in advance for any help. New to this forum but not new to Cummins and used to be on other forums as well......

TR
Anything below a grand is cheap for these trucks. Take some time to do some reading. There is more than enough info here for you to proceed with your plan.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 02:11 PM

thanks for the responses..

I guess I was being a little cheap in my thinking........However....I still can't seem to find a tuner that does deletes (except a Readme model). The only others are on ebay for about 600-700 range but I'm really afraid these might be clones or re-programmed older models.
I really don't mind paying whatever I need to to insure a quality out come. I'm doing these deletes to prolong the life of my motor and if it's expensive so be it...
Any recommendations ?????

And Thanks again for the help. I hope 4horsecummins benefited from this info as well.

TR
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 02:30 PM
Diesel Head

Look through the site sponsors and give some of them a call. Efi is just a tool. Tuners can do many things using said tool..

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:13 PM

tuners.....

OK..I've read everything I can find (and alot of stuff is out of date and no longer readable, not to mention pic files no longer available))....so no one has made a recommendation as to what tuner might be capable of doing what I want to do. "Deletes without any real programming changes"....
It appears the Minimaxx might work but, again, is only available through ebay and who knows if it's new or re-programmed or what. Also it apparently is an H&S product which is no longer around.
I looked at EFI Edge products but talked to an installer who said the EFI's develop issues and require substantial wait times to power up. Also I can't find any that do deletes...So.......
Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the raceme tuners ? If so, how do they work ?
Anyone have any first hand experience with ANY tuner that is available (new) that does deletes? If so, what are they and where do you get them ?

I'm sure most, if not all of this has been hashed through before but as I said earlier, the threads that discuss this the most are very old and outdated. Many of the tuners available up to 2010-2011 are no longer available. New tuners do not allow deletes, So.....HELP !

Thanks to all so far and hopefully to those that can help in the future.
TR aka Billy
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Rico View Post
OK..I've read everything I can find (and alot of stuff is out of date and no longer readable, not to mention pic files no longer available))....so no one has made a recommendation as to what tuner might be capable of doing what I want to do. "Deletes without any real programming changes"....
It appears the Minimaxx might work but, again, is only available through ebay and who knows if it's new or re-programmed or what. Also it apparently is an H&S product which is no longer around.
I looked at EFI Edge products but talked to an installer who said the EFI's develop issues and require substantial wait times to power up. Also I can't find any that do deletes...So.......
Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the raceme tuners ? If so, how do they work ?
Anyone have any first hand experience with ANY tuner that is available (new) that does deletes? If so, what are they and where do you get them ?

I'm sure most, if not all of this has been hashed through before but as I said earlier, the threads that discuss this the most are very old and outdated. Many of the tuners available up to 2010-2011 are no longer available. New tuners do not allow deletes, So.....HELP !

Thanks to all so far and hopefully to those that can help in the future.
TR aka Billy
You where answered in post #10 and it explains things quite well.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
High tech old school and finally lovin it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode