Please read Mini maxx software version features, injection timing - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:01 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
tuners

N Of 60...

Please read the thread before entering into a conversation you don't understand.......

I asked specific questions to members of this Forum and hoped I would get answers from some who have actual experience with the items I asked about. If you don't have any first hand experience with the items or anything constructive to ad, please refrain from commenting.......

TR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,513 Times in 2,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Rico View Post
OK..I've read everything I can find (and alot of stuff is out of date and no longer readable, not to mention pic files no longer available))....so no one has made a recommendation as to what tuner might be capable of doing what I want to do. "Deletes without any real programming changes"....
It appears the Minimaxx might work but, again, is only available through ebay and who knows if it's new or re-programmed or what. Also it apparently is an H&S product which is no longer around.
I looked at EFI Edge products but talked to an installer who said the EFI's develop issues and require substantial wait times to power up. Also I can't find any that do deletes...So.......
Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the raceme tuners ? If so, how do they work ?
Anyone have any first hand experience with ANY tuner that is available (new) that does deletes? If so, what are they and where do you get them ?

I'm sure most, if not all of this has been hashed through before but as I said earlier, the threads that discuss this the most are very old and outdated. Many of the tuners available up to 2010-2011 are no longer available. New tuners do not allow deletes, So.....HELP !

Thanks to all so far and hopefully to those that can help in the future.
TR aka Billy
Edge and efi are two completely separate things. Are you asking about Efi(autocal or v2) or the edge insight or evolution. Edge does not delete. So that's pretty out for you. Unless you just want the insight for gauges. Yea they sometimes are slow to load up but usually you can unplug and plug it back in to fix it. If your installer ever referred to an EFI edge you should consider a new installer..
The auto cal for efi only needs to be hooked up once for the initial tune, takes maybe 15min. After that only needed hook up to switch tunes, if you dont buy the optional CSP switch.
Any of this should easily be handled by you. No need to pay an installer to do it for you.
As for the race me, I dont have first hand experience but I do know EFI is among the best if you get it from a top tier tuner. Why would I try raceme when efi is superior.

Sort story, call one of the site sponsors that offer tuning( I recommend EFI via and auto cal) and go from there. Efi is the software that the tuner uses to write the tunes, they put them on the auto cal( or email you and you load them on the auto cal) and then you load them in the truck. As far as I know raceme is just box tunes.

Scooty Puff Sr - 2016 3500 CCLB
Truckasaurus - 2010 2500 CCSB -sold
The Following User Says Thank You to the man in black For This Useful Post:
Tactical Rico (04-21-2019)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:45 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
N Of 60...

Please read the thread before entering into a conversation you don't understand.......

I asked specific questions to members of this Forum and hoped I would get answers from some who have actual experience with the items I asked about. If you don't have any first hand experience with the items or anything constructive to ad, please refrain from commenting.......

TR
Again, your answer was where I referred you to.
Go through the vendors, make a call, buy what you need. Done!

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:45 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,699 Times in 2,265 Posts
Quote:
.so no one has made a recommendation as to what tuner might be capable of doing what I want to do. "Deletes without any real programming changes"...
You cannot do that, that is why no one is answering. In addition it totally defeats the whole reason for deleting, getting rid of the emissions tuning that is inefficient.

Scrap the H&S, it isn't that good compared to custom tuning and since they are history you run a huge risk. The Smarty S-67 is a delete tuner with box tunes that works quite well if you are careful.

You can get good custom tuning with EFI Live, HP Tuners, and Smarty. You can do performance emissions tuning or delete tuning, not part of each. The only one I have experience with for performance emissions tuning is the Smarty Touch and it is as good as any. For the others you will have to see if vendors are offering custom performance emissions tuning and how they do it.

Everyone has their favorite and it is the best ever, you can pick one and love it or do some research and see what is out there.

These trucks are expensive, making changes is expensive and get more so if you make the wrong choice. Educate yourself and talk to the vendors, getting solid answers 6.7 tuning is like getting solid answers on the Gen III hemis, it exists but no one is making material suggestions that answer all the questions. You will have to dig it out yourself.

05 QC LWB 4x4 Auto 3.73 LSD, IssproEV2's, Performance 48RE Opie TransGo , Smarty Tuned BBI Injected
The Following User Says Thank You to cerberusiam For This Useful Post:
N of 60 (04-21-2019)
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:28 PM

tuning...

cerberusiam:

I apologize....my choice of words were incorrect. What it should have said was....
"I want to do deletes without necessarily doing any PERFORMANCE" changes".....
I fully realize you have to do "programming" changes, which is what I'm trying to decide.
I have spoken to several vendors and most don't want to talk about "Deleting" at all. None will recommend a programmer/tuner that will allow me to do deletes. If you know of any, again, please recommend them.
Current EFI tuners do not allow deletes........Nor do Edge tuners...As you stated H&S is no longer offering any support for the minimaxx tuners Smarty tuners are available on ebay but I'm reluctant to get one of these as they may or may not have the delete tuning......
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Diesel Head

Smarty S-67ME is what you want if you can find one. A regular S-67 then download the ME delete file is what a lot do.

Pretty sure both EFI and HPT will delete and turn off all the emissions stuff IF it is programmed that way. A delete tune is rather dangerous because big brother is watching, both Edge and H&S got in trouble over that and most of the rest will not sell a delete tuner in the US.

05 QC LWB 4x4 Auto 3.73 LSD, IssproEV2's, Performance 48RE Opie TransGo , Smarty Tuned BBI Injected
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:18 PM

cerberusiam:

THANK YOU........This is what I had seen in the past but where would I find an "ME" program today ? Is that something someone may have that can be downloaded into the Smarty S-67. I really hope the EPA has better things to do than monitor Talk Forums, but..........

Thanks again for the info.

TR
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:16 PM
Diesel Head

Right here: https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/0...lick-here.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode