Product Reviews - Page 4 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 08:42 AM
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
So just thought I would share my experience with some mods recently done. I have had my '08 3500 since new and as the money is available, improvements get done.

The two most recent are a K&N cold air intake that I've had for about 2 years and was reluctant to put on due to warranty and some of the negative comments about that brand on here and two new Bilstein 5100 shocks on the rear. (The fronts are being done today)

(The driving example I'm giving is 13 years of to and from work)

The air filter is working great! My winter fuel economy has improved to 12L per/100km or 23.5mpg so to me, that is worth it. As for performance, there is an improvement. Around 1800 rpm it pulls noticeably stronger and holds the pull. Before going up a merge hill into highway traffic it would pull nice but then kick down a gear. Now it doesn't drop that gear and still climbs with power. Responsiveness is greatly improved too. The constant whistling took some getting used to but I'm starting to like it now.

What I really noticed and like is how much smoother and steady the truck rides. Before with my stock shocks I would be at the mercy of the road conditions. Meaning that if I knew there was some uneven road surfaces, joints or grooves that my truck would buck, hop, bounce and shift so one had to be aware and mindful. After 13 years of driving those same roads and 8 years in this truck I can honestly say that the problems are almost completely corrected. I would HIGHLY recommend this brand for a greatly improved ride experience. Its doesn't ride like a Chevy but at least it is very predictable.

I cant wait to see how it acts after today when I have the front shocks changed to Bilstein, the front coil springs changed to Carli and Carli end links. Darn thing will ride like a Caddy lol

I will update in a few days after I see how the front behaves after the work gets done today.

'08 3500 6.7 Cummins. Brace Bar/ BFG 285x70x17. Carli Upgrade Kit Ball joints and Track Bar. Firestone Air Bags. Red Head Steering box. H&S Mini Max, DPF delete, EGR Delete, K&N intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks. Carli front springs and leveling kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny2008 View Post
I just bought a 08 6.7 and looking to delete the EGR and DPF system. i have heard some good things about the H&S mini maxx for the delete codes but they are getting hard to find here in canada. Also the smarty i hear is a tricky interface to use anyone know of any other programers that will do the dpf and egr delete codes?
I just did the RaceME on my truck and love it! DPF and EGR deletes, 40, 80 and 120hp tunes. Runs great and went from 11.7 to 18.4 mpg's.

'07 Ram 2500, 6.7 Cummins auto, Flo-Pro from turbo to muffler, RaceME programmer installed after DPF and EGR were stolen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
370,000+kms, 8,000+ hrs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode