After market radio - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
After market radio

So I’m a little upset I have no sux port on my radio. I have the infinity speaker system, with rear entertainment system. Is there a way to add a aux port or do I need to add a aftermarket radio? If I have to put a new radio in, I’m going to put a double din touch screen.

2007.5 6.7l MEGACAB 2500 ram. EGR delete, DPF fell off, canít find it. S&B intake, Thuren sway bar, leveling kit, H&S mini max, ppei tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:16 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
what kind of head unit? IE the nav, the in-dash 6-disk non-nav, etc... should be three letters somewhere on the face plate that tell you which model head unit it is. if you can tell us that, we can probably tell you if it's fitted with an input for an aux jack. might just have to pull the unit out and plug it in to the back of the radio. since you have the rear DVD, there's already an aux input there. worst case you might be able to piggyback that setup with a secondary input on the audio side and run a plug to the cubby, the console, or the glove box.

08 Resistol. Anarchy EFI, 5" TBE, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -4" springs, reverse level, Amsoil bypass filter, Revmax VB / TCM, & a pile of boxes in the garage...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:04 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
https://pac-audio.com/catalog/auxili...utions/aai-chy

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/ipod-a...gration/ISCH73

Pac products are pretty easy to install, their stuff is simply daisy chained into the OEM connector. Try to get it at crutchfield tho, for the warranty and customer service. Sometimes Pac's products are faulty out of the box.

07.5 Anarchy, G56 swap SB3250, GDP plenum, horn & heater TV, lines and filters Everything Carli Front & Rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Cummins Fan

I wanted to upgrade my stock radio as well. As Solorpwr07 said Crutchfield has great tech/customer support. I went Double DIN and got a Pioneer AVH-1550NEX. Also two cameras for front and back, iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR which keeps steering wheel function as well as truck diagnostics and gauges and the adapter kits. Just over $700 for it all. Hopefully arrives next week and I can install.

BTW (not trying to hijack thread) but does anyone have any doubts DIN install tips/tricks they want to pass along?

Thanks

09 SBQC 4X4 auto, stock
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:26 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asfwt View Post
I wanted to upgrade my stock radio as well. As Solorpwr07 said Crutchfield has great tech/customer support. I went Double DIN and got a Pioneer AVH-1550NEX. Also two cameras for front and back, iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR which keeps steering wheel function as well as truck diagnostics and gauges and the adapter kits. Just over $700 for it all. Hopefully arrives next week and I can install.

BTW (not trying to hijack thread) but does anyone have any doubts DIN install tips/tricks they want to pass along?

Thanks

09 SBQC 4X4 auto, stock

Took the dremel and shaved off the supports

Kept the original cubby with new radio. Ordered a cover with storage but was shallow so cut it out put it the original with the trip from Amazon to cover the other mods.

You might not want the cubby but I stay in RV Parks and great place for gate key and other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to arpipeliner872 For This Useful Post:
Asfwt (03-13-2019)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Cummins Fan

Any pictures of the finished product? I'll be doing this over the summer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 3500 SRW........stock for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:35 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBros_JLR View Post
Any pictures of the finished product? I'll be doing this over the summer.

If you were referring to me. I have been busy at work. Just got the new battery cables on today. This is a picture of mine. The smokes show the depth and height of original cubby. Have not quite finished it the way I all want as smoothness yet.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:44 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
What size is that pioneer, 7Ē? Iím looking at replacing my pioneer single fin right now but want to keep my cubby also. Eventually I want to put a switch panel there. Anyway my question is do I have to buy a double din dash bezel or do you guys just cut yours?

06 4dr LB Laramie,dynamic stg 4,64.5/73/.91,steed speed,anarchy EFi,Fleece bypass,ARP 425ís,insight,pac brake,6" Carli,long arms, king 2.5's,WFO traction bars,35ís
Sold trucks, 99,02,05,07,14
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02smokin View Post
What size is that pioneer, 7Ē? Iím looking at replacing my pioneer single fin right now but want to keep my cubby also. Eventually I want to put a switch panel there. Anyway my question is do I have to buy a double din dash bezel or do you guys just cut yours?

Itís just a double din I got from Crutchfield. Bought a bezel with a cubby but it wasnít very deep and everything would fall out so I cut it off and trimmed on the original and got it to work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode