Catalyst Full with Edge Juice w/Attitude Error - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

1Likes
  • 1 Post By grey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Catalyst Full with Edge Juice w/Attitude Error

So I've got an Edge Juice w/Attitude (I think that's a long gone programmer) and a DPF delete kit that I believe has sims (though I don't really know what those are). The delete kit came with a little card size plastic box and some wires/plugs. I put all this on when the truck was new in 08. On this last trip I took, I kept getting an overhead Catalyst Full message and having some power issues while driving up hills, then OK on the flats. My Edge is showing codes P1011 and P0087. I've seen some threads about the Catalyst message suggesting the sims may be bad, but I don't really know what that means or how I might go about fixing it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Grey

2008 RAM 2500 MegaCab 4x4 6.7 L, DPF/EGR delete, Edge Juice w/Attitude and love it! Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:41 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Purchase a real delete tuner and install it. Enjoy from there. A clean slate.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
High tech old school and finally lovin it.
The Following User Says Thank You to N of 60 For This Useful Post:
grey (06-25-2019)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by N of 60 View Post
Purchase a real delete tuner and install it. Enjoy from there. A clean slate.
That doesn't sound like it's going to be a very economical solution, but do you have any specific tuner suggestions that wont brake the bank? I don't care at all about ramping up the power (already on my 4th tranny), I just want to resolve the DPF delete issue.

Thanks,
Grey

2008 RAM 2500 MegaCab 4x4 6.7 L, DPF/EGR delete, Edge Juice w/Attitude and love it! Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

I looked around at some programmers like the H&S Mini Max and apparently (because of stupid govt), there getting harder to find. I stopped by a diesel performance place near me and they said they could flash a one time H&S tune that would get rid of the DPF error codes. The guy said it would run $500. Personally, I've got no objection to a one time tune that I can't make adjustments to, as I never change my tune I get from the Edge...I just like driving my truck, not interested in racing it/rolling smoke/burning rubber. I do have a couple of questions about this idea though...

1. Does that sound like a reasonable price for a one time flash or am I getting ripped off?
2. Is there any reason this would be a bad idea?

Thanks,
Grey

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Diesel Head

Anarchy, single EFI tune. Then you definitely know what you have got with professional support.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to N of 60 For This Useful Post:
grey (06-25-2019)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:29 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey View Post
That doesn't sound like it's going to be a very economical solution, but do you have any specific tuner suggestions that wont brake the bank? I don't care at all about ramping up the power (already on my 4th tranny), I just want to resolve the DPF delete issue.

Thanks,
Grey
4th transmission?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by N of 60 View Post
Anarchy, single EFI tune. Then you definitely know what you have got with professional support.
Forgive me for being an idiot, but I don't understand what your comment means. Are you saying that a single H&S tune/flash for $500 is a good idea, or a bad one?

Thanks,
Grey

PS. I'm planning on throwing up some details about my 4 transmissions (275,000 easy miles on my truck, no towing, no hot rodding), but I don't want to get off track in this thread regarding my DPF/Catalyst errors.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:03 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey View Post
Forgive me for being an idiot, but I don't understand what your comment means. Are you saying that a single H&S tune/flash for $500 is a good idea, or a bad one?

Thanks,
Grey

PS. I'm planning on throwing up some details about my 4 transmissions (275,000 easy miles on my truck, no towing, no hot rodding), but I don't want to get off track in this thread regarding my DPF/Catalyst errors.
Just my $0.02... If you are to spend $500 for a H&S tuner/Flash that is no longer supported and EFI Live by Anarchy is just as much, I would lean on getting with Phil and get you set up for one..

2008 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie Fully Deleted,Ananchy EFI Live(CSP5) and TCM Tune,5" MBRP,Edge CTS,Carli (BJ,TB,CA,SB and Tune Fox Shocks),FS Airbags,AFE Trans/Diff covers,S&B CAI w/Scoop,Fass 150,Beans Sump,Fleece CBP,ARP 425,Bosch 65hp,Amsoil OBP,AMP Research,Redhead Box,GDP Pro WG,Banks IC/AH,Tater 63/67,BD Exh Man,
The Following User Says Thank You to jakeorders For This Useful Post:
grey (06-25-2019)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeorders View Post
Just my $0.02... If you are to spend $500 for a H&S tuner/Flash that is no longer supported and EFI Live by Anarchy is just as much, I would lean on getting with Phil and get you set up for one..
I ordered a tune from Anarchy, installed it and I'm still getting a check engine light and the Catalyst Full overhead message with bogged down power above 2000 rpms. My edge shows codes
P1011 (never seen that one) and P0087 (fuel rail pressure). I talked with a tech at Anarchy who said I might need to drive it for 30 miles or so for that to go away, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

From the codes I'm trowing and the Catalyst Full overhead message, does anyone have a suggestion I might try?

Thanks for any help,
Grey

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Never mind. I changed my fuel filters and all codes are gone. It's a great day.

Thanks for all the help,
Grey
Zacedward likes this.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 05:13 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Grey, were you able to get a complete backup of your stock settings? if yes, put it back to stock and reload the Anarchy EFI Live program, this happen had happen to a friend of mine and cleared the Catalyst Full message. Now on the P0087/P1001 with both codes sounds like fuel pressure issues, have you done any work prior to installing the new tunes?

2008 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie Fully Deleted,Ananchy EFI Live(CSP5) and TCM Tune,5" MBRP,Edge CTS,Carli (BJ,TB,CA,SB and Tune Fox Shocks),FS Airbags,AFE Trans/Diff covers,S&B CAI w/Scoop,Fass 150,Beans Sump,Fleece CBP,ARP 425,Bosch 65hp,Amsoil OBP,AMP Research,Redhead Box,GDP Pro WG,Banks IC/AH,Tater 63/67,BD Exh Man,
The Following User Says Thank You to jakeorders For This Useful Post:
grey (06-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode