Upgrading the sinwgon - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Upgrading the sinwgon

Like the title says FINALLY getting to start my upgrades and building upon the SINWGON! 😀My official upgrade/build thread;🤔! Any and all input welcome and appreciated. Some of you know a little bit already about what I went through just to drive the truck and get it compliant to my area. Had a heck of a time with transmission,clutch and emission bs when I bought her in 2016 with 124k miles, partially deleted had to return to stock and deal with alot of issues related to no real maintenance, brakes, filters,fluids, lots of front end work..... Now she is paid for(2 years early) registered in a emission free county 😉,and I have boxes of parts anxiously waiting to be installed 😁. Front bumper is on its way(I am hopeful to do all the front work at once while the bumper is off) Anyway I got the diamond eye 4" tbe on over the weekend along with the mini max that came with the truck."Holy cow what a difference" I have it on tow now, but anyone with minimax experience please share your thoughts.

2008Mega6.7,6spdmanHDclutch,H&SMMstocknotune
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:58 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Buy the transmission unlock code. One of my biggest regrets and probably lost 50K miles off the transmission life. I still got over 200K out of it. Even on tow setting you can make it slip from 4-6 gears. Back out of throttle or you are taking life off of it fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Believe me I am well aware of transmission woes, I bought a truck that was severely abused. Did not own it two weeks and was in almost 10k in a rebuilt trans and new clutch(bell housing and adapter plate broken in half)

2008Mega6.7,6spdmanHDclutch,H&SMMstocknotune
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode