Truck pulls aka "Hookin" thread! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Community Hall > Chapter Forums > West Virginia
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
West Virginia Chapter VP

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Truck pulls aka "Hookin" thread!

What 3 guys in the group hooked on Saturday 7/10/10 at Putnam and not one of them has the time to post info or pics!

This is very disappointing John, JT and JSamples.

We need the hookin BS!!!
Was this your first pull?
What did you truck weigh in at?
How long was your pull?
What gear did you pull in?
What boost/RPM did you launch at?
What do you think you need for next time “parts, change how you launch”?
How did it feel?

We want the hookin info!

You are only as fast as the size of your Bank Account or clutch!
Brians06dodge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
West Virginia Chapter VP

YOU ARE ON THE BALL, already sticky'd and everything

Some Air, Some Fuel, Some Purdy Stuff, Some Hidden Stuff, and a Smarty Do Dad with TNTR that is NO Gimmick
THEBIGJOB is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
sorry guys, my internet is crap.
well i'll start off with this, it was my first time hookin and it was fun as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! definate adrenaline rush!
my truck weighed in at 7500lbs, pulled in the 8000lb street class, i pulled in 3rd gear 4x4Low, i dont recall what rpm i left at id guess 2500rpm or what my boost was it was probably 35+ cause my boost alarm went off an its set for 34, i pulled 188ft which isnt great but not bad for my first time. i had to go easy on er cause i'm due for a new clutch and if you saw me pull then you smelled it!!
next time hookin for me will be next year, i need a new clutch! and i've got a small list of parts i'm gonna have my next jully-turbo, injectors, head job, air dog, clutch, tires, and a couple other things
but again, DEFINATE ADRENALINE RUSH!!! i only wish i couldve put the edge on 5 and floored it but there wasnt no way in heel the clutch woulve survived, it slipped a lil on level 3
01 2500 6spd south bend DD 3250, DDP 125 inj AirDog 2 165 edge juice w/attitude .093 tubes hotrod VP MBRP stacks dual 6in banks high ram intake horn 110 valve springs PDI 3pc manifold silver bullet 66

Last edited by WVcummins13; 07-12-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: forgot somethin
WVcummins13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to WVcummins13 For This Useful Post:
Brians06dodge (07-12-2010)
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
West Virginia Chapter VP

Rob rocking the sled. Great job!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
West Virginia Chapter VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVcummins13 View Post
well i'll start off with this, it was my first time hookin and it was fun as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! definate adrenaline rush!:
We are all proud of you guys representing the crew and it's all about having fun.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

i wanna hook again this summer but $$$$ wont let me. you should hook the big dually brian!!!
01 2500 6spd south bend DD 3250, DDP 125 inj AirDog 2 165 edge juice w/attitude .093 tubes hotrod VP MBRP stacks dual 6in banks high ram intake horn 110 valve springs PDI 3pc manifold silver bullet 66
Old 07-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
West Virginia Chapter VP

Quote:
i wanna hook again this summer but $$$$ wont let me. you should hook the big dually brian!!!
The J & B bro's have plans in the works for next year. We can't let you young guns have all the fun. LOL

I would like to see a group of 10 from the crew hookin at all the local pulls next year.

Last edited by Brians06dodge; 07-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians06dodge View Post
Rob rocking the sled. Great job!

YouTube - stressed out warren va.
I have seen that truck somewhere before...... ohh wait
Old 07-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
sorry guys, my internet is crap.
well i'll start off with this, it was my first time hookin and it was fun as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! definate adrenaline rush!
my truck weighed in at 7500lbs, pulled in the 8000lb street class, i pulled in 3rd gear 4x4Low, i dont recall what rpm i left at id guess 2500rpm or what my boost was it was probably 35+ cause my boost alarm went off an its set for 34, i pulled 188ft which isnt great but not bad for my first time. i had to go easy on er cause i'm due for a new clutch and if you saw me pull then you smelled it!!
next time hookin for me will be next year, i need a new clutch! and i've got a small list of parts i'm gonna have my next jully-turbo, injectors, head job, air dog, clutch, tires, and a couple other things
but again, DEFINATE ADRENALINE RUSH!!! i only wish i couldve put the edge on 5 and floored it but there wasnt no way in heel the clutch woulve survived, it slipped a lil on level 3
wish I had 35 lbs of boost at 2500 rpm's next vid will be a truck leaving the line at 5,000+ I know the driver real good
Old 07-13-2010, 01:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians06dodge View Post
The J & B bro's have plans in the works for next year. We can't let you young guns have all the fun. LOL

I would like to see a group of 10 from the crew hookin at all the local pulls next year.
that would be awesome if a bunch of us crew guys could/would hook all at the same time. i know its a year away but putnam county fair next year is probably the best for the simple fact that its close fun and not as organized such as jackson county. but in the mean time, some of yall guys need to hook in the next few pulls comin up, like you said-we young guys cant be the only ones pullin!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpainter View Post
wish I had 35 lbs of boost at 2500 rpm's next vid will be a truck leaving the line at 5,000+ I know the driver real good
i wasnt at 35lbs of boost when i was spoolin up, that was after i got goin down the track. i'd venture to say that(if i had looked at my edge) i was hittin at least 40lbs
Old 07-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
West Virginia Chapter VP

Quote:
i wasnt at 35lbs of boost when i was spoolin up, that was after i got goin down the track. i'd venture to say that(if i had looked at my edge) i was hittin at least 40lbs
I hope you have head studs Lets only post numbers on here that we saw on the gauges Any idea of your egt's? I would say watching and knowing your egt's should be at top of your list followed by boost. Your head gasket and turbo will tell you more boost is not always better Did you deflate your tires any or just go at street pressure?

Some Air, Some Fuel, Some Purdy Stuff, Some Hidden Stuff, and a Smarty Do Dad with TNTR that is NO Gimmick
THEBIGJOB is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.