Hampton roads 12v help - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Community Hall > Chapter Forums > Virginia
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hampton roads 12v help

I'm trying to build my 12v, and looking for some help. Got all my parts in and motors on a stand/cradle. Looking for someone to help me with Head studs, fuel plate, injectors, GSK, valve springs. Tim at TRE is a great guy, but funds runnin low and cant come up with the money he wants.

Lookin for some help maybe on a weekend or something. Beer included and can work out a cheap price or somethin? Good chance to meet other cummins enthusists.

Located in Virginia Beach

Brian
603-440-3661
brianjbeach85 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

never done Headstuds either, but if someone has the tool, or puller for fuel pump i can rent it from you or borrow!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjbeach85 View Post
never done Headstuds either, but if someone has the tool, or puller for fuel pump i can rent it from you or borrow!
You can use any old puller kit on the pump gear if that's what you are talking about. Doesn't need to be anything specialized really.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

i broke the nut loose, but now at a stand still. really wish i had a friend that knew a thing or 2 about cummins motors lol. All my buddies are powerstroke guys.. im building the cummins for a F250 project..
Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
i broke the nut loose, but now at a stand still. really wish i had a friend that knew a thing or 2 about cummins motors lol. All my buddies are powerstroke guys.. im building the cummins for a F250 project..
What are you trying to do? Advance the timing? Sounds like a cool project, what year motor are you using?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

its a 96 12v, was originally an auto but picked up a nv4500 to put behind it. I'm trying to get the pump off so i can clean up the block and get it painted. Pump work would be to install 4k GSK, #0 fuel plate, mess with AFC star wheel, put Mack plug in. other than that just lookin to do some seals, head studs, injectors.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
its a 96 12v, was originally an auto but picked up a nv4500 to put behind it. I'm trying to get the pump off so i can clean up the block and get it painted. Pump work would be to install 4k GSK, #0 fuel plate, mess with AFC star wheel, put Mack plug in. other than that just lookin to do some seals, head studs, injectors.
I'd rotate the engine to where you can put the timing pin in the side of the pump, then pull gear off, then everything else. As long as you don't turn over the engine or pull the cam. Everything else should be straight forward except for the GSK, you should be able to find some instructions for that.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

How much power you looking to make, you can send the pump and your gsk to Seth at Dpe and he can put them in max your pump out and put it on the flow bench and pin the pump at whatever timing you want. Well worth what he charges if your looking to make over 500hp
Old 12-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

waiting on tools to come in, but since my motor was stuck at work for like last 6 months with no movement bought the bullet and ordered a billet ppump gear puller tool, valve spring compressor tool... looking to start moving forward again once i get it to the house.

basically gonna pull the pump.. clean up the block paint it.. do the head studs (sending rocker pedalstals off to get machined)

if anyones in the chesapeake va beach area and likes working on these thing more then welcome to join me.. i drink beer when i work so more then enough to go around
Old 12-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

let me know when your gonna work on it, if I am off and the wife doesnt have anything goin on I would be willing to lend a hand. fixing to start tearing apart my 94 gonna tear it down to bare block and goin thru the whole thing.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
So the question is???

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
let me know if you need help i am so sick of working on there broke CATs at work, i need to get dirty with a cummins again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8440 View Post
There's a guy floating around here with 780k on his unrebuilt cummins. Now, according to duramax and ford guys, his truck should have fallen completely apart around the engine 7.8 times, since they all know that dodge trucks are junk and only last 100k before they spontaneously disassemble themselves while going down the road. That has happened to me 2.76 times, and both times I was only wearing boxers while driving so it was really embarrassing.
9612vinva is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I told ya the CAT's would be broke all the time. I was always workin on one of them freakin motors. now all I do is change freakin hydro hoses on the grapples in the yard and chase electrical problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.