#2 ·
Looks pretty cool...

I say buy a set and report back....

#4 ·
I dont have airbags.....yet.:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Even more reason to buy some....

#6 ·
Maybe you're missing the point of me asking.....

#7 ·
Just bought a set and will be installing them on my truck tomorrow with my 3" carli Pintop setup. When I get a few good runs on them I will update you guys. If this doesnt work for me I think Timbrens are the only way for me to go until I drop the money for the Carli airbags.

#8 ·
Thanks. Look forward to hearing what you think of them. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
the install for them is very easy but I have Air lift bags and when looking at them since they have a plastic bottom and not metal like Firestone or Helwig I have going to have to add something. I am going to try cutting the metal disc they give for the airlift to just fit on the bottom of the bag and see what that does. I think the metal bottom would be a benefit if a rock ever got in the cradle. Wish I would have bought the firestone bags instead of the airlift. But I think it will be good once the metal is protecting them.

#10 ·
Well completed the first shakedown run in the truck and they held up just fine. Only downside is you can definately here them slap when you are moving. Never hear them on the road just when cooking down a fire road. I will try to get some pics or video of them if I can.

#11 ·
Is it just the metal to plastic slap? Maybe a piece or rubber between the two would help reduce the slap?

#12 ·
Yeah I was thinking about doing that but I dont think it bothers me enough. Since I know what it is coming from I dont think it will be an issue. Just something to be aware of when you put them on.

Reactions: KATOOM
#13 ·
Well after a couple of shake down runs the bags and the cradles are holding up just fine. I have aired out the truck a couple feet and hit some 2 ft whoops and the bags and cradles are working as advertised. I will have to wait and see what the next few months show.

#14 ·
Thanks crl3910. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
A little update, I have been doing some hot laps in the truck and seeing what it will and can do. The airbag slap I thought I had heard I think might be my fifth wheel hitch so might not be any issues.

#17 ·
Install was very easy. Just had to drill a hole in the airbag bottom mount and spent a little time trying to alight it exactly center but didnt take long at all. Still have no issues cradles are working as advertised.

#18 ·
Did it change the unloaded ride any? How did you mount the metal plate onto the bottom of the bag?

#19 ·
I didnt mount the bottom plate, just left it off and waiting to see how long until I damage it.

#20 ·
I have Firestone air bags and im going to update my Hell Bent Steel 2.5" spacers in the front cause i want a better ride. Going with Thuren 3" soft springs and Don at Thuren Suspension suggested for me to get a set of the Daystar air cradles ... said they'd make the truck ride better in the rear. So crl3910 your truck rides much better since installing the airbag cradles???

#22 ·
I like the look that my air bags gives my truck when empty stoked51 which is 1/2"-3/4". If i had the daystar air bag cradles im gonna loose the the little bit of height that the firestone air bags as is gives the truck BUT will have a much better riding truck AND STILL be able handle the 25' goosneck loaded up just as i am able to know???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.