Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Has anyone mounted bedrails with gooseneck already in place?

884 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  s10010001 
#1 ·
My 2003 Ram 3500 5.9 4x4 Dually came with a turn over style gooseneck setup.

Has anyone had a gooseneck setup on their truck and also installed bed rails as well?
I would hope to mount some universal bed rails and keep the gooseneck as well, I figured i would check here before doing any measuring.

If not i will uninstall the gooseneck and add bedrails.

Thank you for your time.

#3 ·
Mine is a flat bed but it has both flip up gooseneck ball and rails for fifth wheel. I leave the ball up all the time and just move the 5th wheel ahead when using gooseneck

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I was looking at the gooseneck to 5th wheel adapters,definitely an option. Not cheap and I would rather not use adapters if i didn't have to.

Mine is a regular bed but I would guess the mounting points would be the same as the flat bed.
If you have done it im going to measure and try it out.
Thank you for your time.

#5 ·
Their not talking about gooseneck adapters, their talking about 5th wheel hitches that mount to the gooseneck ball.

Look at an Anderson Ultimate hitch, I love mine. Keeps up with the best of them, mounts to any gooseneck, no rails needed and it's only $700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.