Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New Nitto Ridge Grappler

46K views 53 replies 32 participants last post by  Dave88LX 
#1 ·
Anyone seen the new Nitto Ridge Grappler supposedly coming out sometime this July? Very interesting tire. "Four Wheeler Magazine" Has a video on it. I don't know if it is supposed to be like the Toyo R/T or not? Anyone hear anything?
I posted it on DF as well to see if they have any info.

Nitto Adds New Ridge Grappler To Tire Lineup

Has an F load capacity optional as well..

#2 · (Edited)
Liked the article but haven't heard anything on them yet.

Though I must admit, after a VERY bad experience w Nitto TG I am not a fan of their's at all, again I will admit that this train of thought is not always the best rationale to have. Just a brand loyalist to Toyo I suppose. ;)

#3 ·
It looks like quite the tread. I've had .. I believe 5 sets of Nittos now and they've all treated me very well. My LLY actually came with Dune grapplers and that was the ... goofiest tire I've ever owned and they actually reintroduced those to the market recently.

#6 ·
Thanks, those look good too but that ridge grappler looks great. I just wish they would add snow/ice to their ratings chart. Plus the EXO only comes in 37/13.50r20 which isn't that big a difference but i'm already going to rub with the 12.50s.

Performance Ratings

DRY PERFORMANCE
WET PERFORMANCE
COMFORT
QUIETNESS
OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

#7 ·
#11 ·
How many miles are you getting out of the trail grapplers? What size?

#13 ·
I have never ran a set on a diesel truck yet, just got my first! I have run them on my tundra and with rotations every 5K I am pushing 60K on the tires with about 5-10K left. I WILL be running these on every truck I have from here out. Best tire I have ever run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Weight makes a big difference. My F-350 weighed in around 9k with all my tools in it. Plus it spent most of its live with a trailer hooked up.
Figured I'd get more mileage outta them on my 2500 becuase I don't carry the amount of tools and rarely see a trailer anymore. But there still looking like 25k tires.
Still a good tire and I really liked them.

#15 ·
tire advice

Hello I am new to this forum. I have a 2012 3500 dually. I was hoping I could get some advice from anybody on this site that has run the exo grapplers or the g2's. I am needing set of tires but I am kind of torn between these two tires. I like mileage warranty on the G2's but I like the AWT on the EXO's plus they have a 3 ply sidewall. How many miles have yall seen with EXO Grapplers and how good are the G@'s in the winter weather

#16 ·
The Brown Truck Delivered my new 305/70/17 Ridge Grapplers today. Can't wait to get them mounted hopefully this weekend. Great looking tire.

#18 ·
I have the 37x12.5/ R20 on my truck. They ride great and track great. I am coming from BFG KO2's that wore bad, but had no noise. The RG's seem to have a slight hum, barley noticeable though. I think they definitely ride better but on,y had them for a week so time will tell.

#19 ·
Got my tires mounted yesterday. They look great. Filled up the fender wells Like I wanted. Drove the Truck up to 70 mph ,nice and smooth. Had a vibration at 60 to 65 but that is gone. Had the old tires balanced a few times but never made it any better. Have a 200 miles round trip tomorrow with a 5000lb trailer so I'll see how they work. Hopefully today I'll wash truck and take some pics if the weather gets better today.

#22 ·
Really like them. Have got a lot of good comments about them. People asking what kind of tire are they. Just telling them that it's a new tire the Nitto came out with this summer. Haven't noticed any road noise at all.

#28 ·
12,000 miles and counting and they ride great and hardly show wear. 50psi in all.

Reactions: 24hrsparkey
#30 ·
Have put about 10,000 miles on my set. Rotated twice, Haven't noticed any kind of wearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.