New Stacks in town - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Community Hall > Chapter Forums > South Carolina
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
New Stacks in town

We installed some stacks today on a friends truck. He'll probably be the only one in the high school parking lot with these

We'll be installing the tool box directly against the stacks and we'll attach a piece of matching diamond plate to the back of the toolbox to cover the manifold of the pipes. We'll also have to notch the tool box to clear the wheel wells because it's the deep box style. It should look like a manufactured tool box for stacks. More pictures to come.

'99 3500 4x4 5spd Smarty/Van Aaken, Banks Brake, 4" exhaust, K&N Cone, SouthBend Con OFE,KDP-killed!, Holley Blue Pump, Guages/fuel pressure light, Leveling Bags,Taction bars, Onboard Air , NEW VP44/APPS at 180k miles 234hp/579tq 2/2/08
Shilohsho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

did you get those stacks locally?
Old 06-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

They were factory Peterbilts that we had left over from one of the owner's Petes that turned out and we cut them off with about a 2" mitre from front to back. We wanted them flush with the cab. We made the manifold out of some sheet steel we had that we put in a brake and made it 3x5. The stacks are 5" which turned out to be just right for what we were looking for. We also wanted them hidden when looking at the truck from the front and just barely visible when standing at the front tire.
'99 3500 4x4 5spd Smarty/Van Aaken, Banks Brake, 4" exhaust, K&N Cone, SouthBend Con OFE,KDP-killed!, Holley Blue Pump, Guages/fuel pressure light, Leveling Bags,Taction bars, Onboard Air , NEW VP44/APPS at 180k miles 234hp/579tq 2/2/08

Last edited by Shilohsho; 06-14-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
SC Chapter President

I finally broke down and put some in my rig too. They're 6" miters and came with a checker plate aluminum piece to cover the plumbing in the bed. If anyone had seen Trey's old stacks, this is them. Might give you some kinda idea on the cover for his.

They really dont stick over the cab that much. Only 3" at most.

395hp/867tq on Dunbar's Dyno @ 40psi 7/10/10
carolinarednek is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
SC Chapter President

MAN!! I just realized my toes look HUGE!!

Old 06-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Ahhh, another person with "tree climbers" Do you feel like eatin bananas too?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Yeah, nice toes
The piece that hides the plumbing is pretty much what we're gonna do. We plan on attaching it to the tool box so it should look like yours. We've also gotta notch the tool box for the wheel wells like the ones meant for smaller 4 door trucks with the real short beds.
Now, Brian, give us a side shot with the tires and stacks all in one picture
Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Now the question should be...

...is that truck going to put out some smoke???
'98 2500 4x4 5sp qcsb, 315/75-16 BFG's on Polished Centerline's, BHAF, 3K spgs, 13" SB DD, 1 3/8" I/S, Torque King M/S, TorqueTube, PSC steering gear, BD brake, DSS, PSC, KDP'd, 0 plate, 3rd gen heat/elec tow mirrors, Ramsey 12K# hidden winch, Stealthbox
aerolland is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

shiloh let me know if you come across anymore, i only need one though, this black one i have has got to go!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

has anyone tried to notch or cut angels in the back of the tool box so it will sit and cover around the stacks and you dont lose any bed space. very nice looking truck btw
06 2500 4x4, Banks Big Hoss bundle, BDTB with Scary Larry, silencer gone, exaust dump, train horns, blacked out lights 37" Nitto Grapplers. Goerend full built, maybe soon to come.....Turbo, Injectors, and fuel system. then no more haha
Mkoegel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
SC Chapter President

If you did that then you would lose storage space in the tool box and it would be a real P.I.T.A. to get everything to close up right and what not!

Anyways, Tucker, you ask and you shall recieve my frind. New pics of the rig with tires and stacks.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Now before you say anything, I know that my stacks are way too tall for your tastes, but I thought that you might be interested in the cover that I made for mine. I did a little write up on it here:
DIY stack heat shield
1998.5 24v 3/4 ton 4wd quad cab long bed 209,xxx miles, Airdog 100, Adrenaline with IQuad, BHAF, 6" Aussie stacks (thanks to FBD) with custom heat shield, auto trans rebuilt for towing, Hornblasters 240 Shocker, occasionally tows 35' 5th wheel...
BuffaloLake is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.