Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Welding rig trucks

273K views 146 replies 64 participants last post by  vinnyD94 
#1 ·
I just wonder how many people use their trucks for welding rig trucks. Pipeline or maintnance.

See less See more
#88 ·
Just the man I wanted to see:thumbsup:

The background of them pics look like Pennsylvania or West Virginia... How did you get started in the Pipeline field?:confused013:

I live in Northeast PA. Michels and TN pipeline are gonna be putting several lines in around here.

#89 ·
What part of NEPA if you don't mind me askin? I'm from around Scranton. Mt. Cobb to be exact.

#91 ·
I live in towanda... I got started about 3 years ago on a compressor station for southwest energy. Currently I work at BGI doing work for Chesapeake and southwest... There's work all over the place here in Bradford county

#92 ·
good ol bradford county. nice rigs.

#95 ·
Ah yes.. the thriving metropolis of wysox. lol. We've run lines all over this area.. from canton, to mahoopany, meshoppin, etc etc. I love what I do. Wouldn't change it for the world. The money isn't bad for a 23 year old either.

#94 ·
my house is a hop skip and jump away from pa border. just north of warren center and little meadows.

#97 ·
I had just come out of penn tech for welding. Right around when the boom hit up here. My dad works for Claverack, and was doing the power hookup to a Southwest compressor station. He bumped the superintendent about needing any help, and told me to go out and talk with them. I sat and waited for that superintendent from 6am-noon for 5 or 6 days when he finally came out... we chatted and he offered me a job. I've been hooked ever since.

Reactions: DieselDon16
#98 ·
But honestly, the best way to get started is to beat doors down.. stop in every yard you see, talk to people fueling their rigs up at the gas station, etc. Almost everything is this business is word of mouth. If a certain guy doesnt know about anyone hiring, his buddy does, or his buddies buddy...

Reactions: DieselDon16
#101 ·
mines coming along.

#110 ·
Im riggin up now and realizing its expensive. I got the machines but the pipe beveling set up and pipe stands are expensive....

You gotta be Golden from Shoulder To Holder these days Brotha!

#116 ·
Pa yes but welder no:( Id love to go pipelining but unfortunately I'm a sprinkler fitter with the 669. I'm in too deep to pull out now to pursue welding. So I work with pipe just different way of connecting the two together lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.