Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Who want's my truck?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  xj1514 
#1 · (Edited)
I know I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I'm selling my truck. I will be gathering up a list of mods, pics and so forth, but while I'm doing that I figured I'd post in here that it is going up for sale.

I have a new truck on order, due here mid-May, and the dealer is currently offering a locked in $20,200 trade in value and suggested to post it on Craigslist and I might get a couple grand more. So my deal to you local guys, meet or beat the trade offer then you won't have to buy it on the dealers used lot for more, lol...

#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
OK guys here are the details...

The truck: 07 5.9 Quad Cab Short Bed 4X4 with a G56, 6 speed manual transmission and roughly 105K miles

Suspension and Steering: Nothing between the frame and axles are stock, a custom 6.5" lift (pieced together things from many different vendors, started as a standard BDS short-arm kit, but after the springs started to sag I started replacing things)
Now there are 5" BDS lift spring (they call it a 6" but it really lifts only 5" with the weight of the Cummins)
Front 1.5" lift spacer
Looped style upper shock mount (Eye mount like the rear shock instead of shaft mount, give more/better shock choices)
Longer swaybar end links (lengthened stockers)
08.5+ frontend from Source Automotive with the added zerk fittings
Bilstien steering damper for the 08.5+ steering
Borgeson Steering box (and shaft)
Steering box brace for the borgeson box
Adjustable Trackbar
Free spin manual locking hubs
All newer (within the past year) U-joints and ball joints in the frontend
Firestone helper bags (with pump and interior controls) and 4" lift blocks for the bags
Mag Hytek covers
EBC rotors and greenstuff pads
Newer tires, less than 5,000 miles on them, LT325/65R-18 (35") Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac E rated tires on aftermarket 18" rims (also decent tread 37" Toyo AT's can go with the truck, took them off as the truck sat a little too high with the 37's for the 5th wheel, pic attached shows 5th wheel stil nose high with the 35" tires)

Performance and supporting mods:
Valair street dual disk clutch
Delvac Trans fluid
Fuleab Velocity 200 (just installed less than 100 miles ago replacing an ADII that didn't want to run any longer and they lost my warranty card)
II Bag of Parts CP3 bolt-ons
Exergy 40% Injectors (they say flow the same as other venders 100 horse injectors that they tested)
Amsoil BMK-25 dual filter bypass and all Amsoil fluids minus the transmission
CFM+ intake horn
Snow Performance Water/Meth injections system (I added more fluid capacity with ABS piping in the bed)
Hamilton HD valve springs (my feeling is it is a must for a manual trans truck, can get away with safer/higher RPM's)
Smarty S-06 POD (using the standard Revo tunes, normally set on 7)
AFE stage 2 CAI
Silencer ring removed from the stock turbo (OK, that's neither a supporting or performance mod, but you can hear the turbo...)
MBRP 4" cat back and MBRP cat delete pipe

Misc:
B&W turnover ball GN hitch
Cowl hood and a few other exterior enhancements like LED lights, smoked lenses, tinted windows, and etc.

#4 ·
Holy poo balls, posted in on CL for $22K, and have gotten a dozen or more calls and 2 people looked at it already. Did I price it too low? The only issue I'm having right now is that the guy who came ti look at it ran a carfax, and it's showing as bring in Virginia being services in Feb of this year and has 144K miles on it. The truck hasn't been on the east coast since the trip I mentioned in the post above, 2.5 - 3 years ago now, and never was in VA when we were out there. Ugh...

#5 ·
Well, looks like I had to clear my PM box, feel free to try again, sorry it filled up so quickly...

#6 ·
At 105k miles and your mods? Yeah, waaaaay too low. I would've asked for about 27k and taken 25k.

#8 ·
Yeah, I realized with all the calls and emails that it must have been pretty low, I took the word of my salesman. He said "Here is what we'll give you, $20,200, but with the mods and everything you have on it you can probably get a couple thousand more listing it on Craigslist", so I literally only put a couple thousand (well 1800) more. I guess I should have researched it more, but then again as long as it goes to a good home, I'll be happy. Actually I have a forum member here looking into it, so we'll see, the truck may stay in the Cummins Forum family...

#11 · (Edited)
Hey John,
A guy I work with is considering a new truck and is getting sticker shock. He lives on west Linn too. I'll show him the list above.

Dammit I just noticed you have a hand shaker. He wants an auto. Sorry

#12 ·
As an avid CL guy, just because you have calls, texts or email means nothing. The market is finicky, CL folks are flaky, and until cash or cashiers check is in your hand, it's hard to tell if you priced low.

Usually right off there's a ton of interest, then it falls off as most don't have the funding. The few 20k plus I've sold were hard to move. It's in a payment area that a lot will jump to a new truck or decide they weren't as big of a player as they once thought and will go back to driving their gas jalopy.

Your truck is very nice. Priced too low? Maybe. If it's not sold yet then there's your answer. Best of luck. We love our new 4th gen, I'm guessing that's what your getting into.

Our tradesman was 41k. New. A buddy just got an SLT or longhorn for 48k. All local.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.