Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Truck Show State Fairgrounds

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Ducks300 
#1 ·
I was driving by the state fairgrounds the other day and saw a banner for a truck show, drove by it again today and saw a bit more and was able to get some info on it.

There is a national truck convention for the American Truck Historical Society going on at the state fairgrounds starting on Thursday running through Saturday. All the info is here:

American Truck Historical Society National Convention and Truck Show - Oregon State Fair and Expo Center

And the organization site is here:

American Truck Historical Society

Times are:
Thursday 8AM-6PM
Friday 8AM-8PM
Saturady 8AM-6PM

Admission is $10 each day for adults, kids 15 and under are free. I would imagine parking at the fairgrounds is not free, and since I live so close to the fairgrounds, some people could park at my place and either be shuttled over or walk over. I know this is last minute but would probably be something interesting to check out and do for a bit if you aren't going out of town for Memorial Day!

See less See more
Reactions: Russ Roth
#2 ·
I not only know about and am going but my brother is driving his 2001 old company truck down there today. Double stack Mack, no shack on the back 2001. The company (Walsh Trucking) apparently restored it and will be going directly to the Brooks museum after the show. It has 1.4 million miles on it and my brother did at least 99.9% of those miles. He would still be driving it if they would let him. He said this morning when we chatted he told Bob Walsh he hasn't driven a truck in a year now since he does not consider the one he has a truck. We probably will be there tomorrow but will not know until I chat with Bruce later.

Reactions: Ducks300
#3 ·
I had been planning on taking the kids for a few weeks, till i found out that its through Sat. and not on Sunday. If anybody goes, dont forget to take, and post pictures.

#4 ·
I am planning to go tomorrow and will be snapping away.............heck I might even instafacetwit or something! :rof

#5 ·
Holy crap I should have gone on Friday too! There were WAY to many cool things there and I had to stop taking pictures just to see most of what they had there! The guy with the red stretched frame from Southern Oregon with everything in the engine bay coated or painted in something.................I had a solid stiff one! :rof

#7 ·
I took several actually!

Reactions: Sandaholic
#8 ·

Reactions: Sandaholic
#11 ·
And once again you sir FAILED to take advantage of all my services! The rest of your family went to MY home county where most of my family lives AND probably stayed in a hotel! Poopface! :rof

Reactions: FIRSTDIESELEVER
#13 ·
But you did not, further emphasizing your complete and total failings! Bow down and kiss the feathers! :rof

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.