Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Quality shop in Portland/Vancouver area

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GRUNT 11B 
#1 ·
I am having a hard time finding a good shop to re-gear and re-suspend my 2013. I have a set of 4:10's and a mix of Carli/Thuren parts that need to get installed.

Every shop I come across has enough negative reviews that it makes me nervous about using them. This would include Woodys and Gresham. Other shops I have found only install what they sell. I talked to a guy at Browns here in Vancouver but he never called me back with pricing so I am guessing he did not want to do the work.

I had a bad experience with a "local" type 4x4 shop a few years ago in Boise and that has affected my ability to trust just anyone.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Call Source Automotive and talk to Bill about what you want done.

503-654-9004

#3 ·
I gave him a call and he is calling his gear people to get me a quote on the re-gear. The only issue I would have is that he would be charging something for himself on top of what the place doing the actual work would charge.

As far as the rest he said they were not really a suspension shop and he did not seem too sure about doing that. It would be helpful to get everything done at the same time at the same place.

Springs and sway bar came to my work this morning and I am jonesing to get this stuff installed. It has been a 2.5 year wait because of the full leaf packs just now being available.

#5 ·
Another vote for Source in Clackamas. I usually do my own work but if there's something I don't have the tools for or just flat out don't feel like doing they are my go to. Been very happy with the work they've done for me.

#8 ·
If you could make the drive Advantage wheel and Tire here in Medford, OR can handle the install of the suspension and probably the re gearing. I know a couple trucks have had them put full Carli kits on 4th Gens.

#10 ·
I will keep that in mind if nothing works out up here. It would be a great excuse to go to in n out:smile2:

#11 ·
source does good work, but they also charge a lot. i compare them to banks, good quality but overly priced. those parts are rather easy to install if you are mechanically inclined at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.