Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Diesel Series Woodburn Drag strip....

5K views 74 replies 10 participants last post by  chrisd91 
#1 ·
Ok guys the Diesel series event at Woodburn started today. This is a blast to go to and if you want to run your truck you can. It doesn't have to be fast and let me tell you that you don't have to be a pro to win....

Event dates
April 17 -
April 30 -
June 18 -
July 9 -
August 20 -
October 1 -

Entry and details can be found here

As I said you don't need to be a "PRO" to win or to have fun.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I think it would be fun as hell to see everyone come out to the event. Even if you don't run, come out. There is a group out there cheering and watching the excitement. I usually bring a couple chairs and the pop - up. :thumbsup: :beer:

#4 ·
I kind of figured Mr. Prez and his V.P. would have chimed in by know but I guess we never know where those 2 will show up... :rof Mr. Prez is probably fondling his "rods" yes all 6 of them and the VP has a laundry list of honey do's so who knows if we will see them. :bif: :lol4: :tree:

#6 ·
You know it's like you going out and playing in the sand. You know you drive out there have a good time and then you drive home... no carnage necessary... Hell I bet you could even do it...

#9 ·
I'm not sure I'll hear the end of it if I brake something either but hell it sure is fun..

Reactions: OK12V
#12 ·
I'm sure we can get lined up against each other if that's what you want to do. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
i would like to go this weekend, but i head outta town today. the june 18th event is the next one i will be able to make.

#14 ·
Cool, It could be a nice get together even if people don't want to run there truck.

#19 ·
The president made it out here but who knows where the rest of the diesel owners are...

#20 ·
Well I found me another one of these...

Attachments

#23 ·
Ok Mikey, I found your little thread! :hehe: Yet another great day at the track and nice to get a chance to kick back and catch up. I am headed up to pull an engine and trans tomorrow and I should be able to get some more info on some details to help get more people out there. I'm hoping I can report back in the next few days with some good news!

#25 ·
Now that all of my moving chaos is over with I can maybe sit and watch more often without going insane worrying about crap we still have to do :rof!

#26 ·
Joe clued me in today on an idea that may interest the local guys without any drag racing experience..........

Woodburn dragstrip could be interested/is wanting to do some sort of tutorial or learning sessions on what exactly is involved and how to do bracket racing. How to stage, timing the lights, etc.

The details are a bit fuzzy but if there would be enough interest they might be doing something.............I might do it as I haven't much of a clue on how to actually do all that, but I have picked up enough from the stands to have an idea! :rof

If you know anybody without any experience and has some interest, spread the word and maybe something could happen soon! :grin2:

Reactions: Kracken
#28 ·
I'd bring one of the daily drivers down to learn, I've never lined up at a track and would like some experience

#27 ·
I'm a rookie at all this myself. I didn't have anyone tell me what to do or how all this stuff works but I'm willing to share anything I have learned with anyone that want's to go. My trial and error experience was at PIR on a Saturday night drags. PIR is not as intense or intimidating as Woodburn can be with all the high HP cars racing. I have made many mistakes and still do but you have to start somewhere

#29 ·
Next Diesel event is June 18th. Lets get some trucks out there and go play :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.