Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Bricklayer/Mason work in Oregon

855 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  1SlowFormula 
#1 ·
Hey all, my brother who has been a Mason for something like 15 years is thinking of moving cross country to be near his big brother lol. Anyhow, he asked me if I can find out details on bricklayer work in this area and I'm posting here in hopes someone might have an inside track on that type of thing.

Thanks,
John P.

#2 ·
I don't, but there's a lot of buildings going up right now. Portland and Seattle are needing bodies. He shouldn't have too much trouble.

Have him type up a résumé and see if he gets any bites. Seems like lots of people get work that way these days even in construction. Though I've always had better luck just walking in and presenting myself.

#3 ·
Roy I can see you walking in and they say "You're hired" before you say more than good morning....

I wasn't really looking for work back in 2002 after getting out of the Army, I just wanted to chill and have fun. One morning my brother woke me up and asked me for a favor, he forgot to tell his work that he had a court date that day and asked me if I'd go in for him. He was just labor and mud mixer on that job and his boss just asked if he could find someone to cover for him. I got to the job site by 6:30 that same morning, met with the Forman got my 15 minute tutorial on the mixer (2 story hopper/mixer that did 500# of mud per cycle) and the ended up staying with that company for 2 years while I finished up school. I was always shocked by how easy it was to get that job, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.