Cummins Diesel Forum banner

g56/tcase service

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Danderson 
#1 ·
for those of us in this great state what do you use for fluids in your handshaker. right now I'm looking at doing the service with delvac syn 50 in the g56 and atf+4 in the tc. also what amounts do you guys run?

#2 ·
G56 I can't help you but the transfer case is in the 2 quart range for a drain/refill.

#3 ·
6qrt Mobil trans 50 and 1qrt Pennzoil synchromesh in the trans and as much as you can get in the tcase of atf4 which equals to close to 3qrts. Mobil delvac 50 SDHC can no long be bought in the US. If you can find it please post a link.

#5 ·
Yes you have what is available here in the states. I bought it from Wallis Lubricants. They had the best price but had to get a 5gal pale. Was at my front door in 2days. Good customer service also.

#6 ·
I use Amsoil ATF in both. 3-4 quarts in the transfer case, 6 quarts in the transmission and then overfill 1 quart either through the shift tower or jack up the passenger side.

A lot of people don't like running ATF in the transmission, but it's what the manual calls for and I've never had any problems. I have a friend that drives hot shot with over 400k on his 6.7 that used Amsoil ATF and said it was as red coming out when he changed it as it was going in.

#9 ·
Im running 9qts of valvoline synchromesh (I have geno pto coolers) and 2qts of valvoline atf in the t case. It shifts 100% better/smoother with the synchromesh.

The g56 should be over filled 1qt though the shift tower and while your there replace the shift boot with a universal cv boot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.