Rolling coal really is a crime...... - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Community Hall > Chapter Forums > Oregon
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
06 Cummins

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Rolling coal really is a crime......

well today in gresham the police decided rolling mass amounts of coal at a new lifted ford on 40's was against the law.. didnt get a ticket but was giving a warning!!!

anyone else ever get harashed for this??

639hp 1160tq

Big thanks to : SilverBullet Tuning for all my efi live needs!
Mattlosch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Yep been there in my 2nd gen. I was comming up either 223 or 232nd whichever one has the big hill starting down by I84. Anyways had this guy ridding my a$$ so i shifted into fifth and lugged her all the way up the hill. I didnt see the lights at first because of the cloud i laid for a block. I guess he was two cars behind the guy riddin my butt. Got lucky like you. I told him it was running bad lately and i thought i had a stuck injector. He didnt know diesels and gave me a fixit ticket. I dont think it can smoke for more than like 2 or 3 seconds.
kenny110482 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oregon Chapter President

I must've gotten lucky then caused I've done it at a light playing around power braking it, and the cop just glanced at me, then kept going.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

http://www.deq.state.or.us/aq/vip/pd...ngVehicles.pdf
What realy makes me mad is on the way home i saw a prius throw out 2 bags of mcdonnads on hwy 30. I almost turned around. So much for carring about the environment.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

thats funny that you mentioned that....

...the other day i was at the studio and here comes this lady racing down the street(probably late to work). she squeels around the corner looks at me and throw a cigarette out the window.....talk about green. what a dumb a$$.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

And they look at us like were ruining the earth!!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

when their prius's factory is worse for the environment than out trucks running for 5 years. or at lease i think thats how it goes.

Dreadnaught is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Smoke from diesel engines.

•Damaged or clogged air filter
•Faulty fuel injection system
•Wrong grade of fuel
•Incorrect fuel injection pump timing
•Engine overheating
•Low compression ratio

hahahaahahahahahahahah more like:
:advanced timing
:big injectors
:bigger turbo(s)
: one lead foot

RandyCummins (01-24-2011), Swedger (06-10-2014)
Old 01-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

TG Season 11
Click on episode 1 Shows just how economical and good for the environmen the prius is. They race it against a 440hp bmw m3. Starts a 5:45 in. Prius gets 17mpg and the bmw gets 20. Great episode!

Last edited by kenny110482; 01-23-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

True story: A couple of years ago, my truck (90 D250) was down for repairs and I was driving my sister's car (1988 Nissan Sentra) while it was down. About a month later, she gets a letter in the mail from DEQ saying that somebody reported the car smoking. We figured out that I was driving it when it was spotted smoking. The weird thing is, we never noticed the car smoking before or after that. The DEQ letter is just a warning, but they ask what you're going to do to repair it. She said "Not let my brother drive it." The best part is that I've never gotten a letter for either one of my trucks in the 8 years I've been driving a diesel pickup (knock on wood).
Old 01-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

A car was turning in front of me and there was a truck starting to come up on the side of me, so I punched it to get in the left lane and in front of the truck. I didnt cut the guy off or anything but I did leave some smoke when I accelerated. I also did not exceed the speed limit. WELL The street the car was turining onto there was a trooper at the stop sign, I never even saw him I was looking in my mirrror making sure I could make it in front of the truck without slowing him down. The trooper hauls butt right up to the right corner of my truck getting my license plate and looking at my exhaust I guess. Well we catch a light im still in the left lane, hes in the right and he starts yelling at my passenger,"Hey! Tell ur buddy hes lucky". My buddy just looks at me and back at the trooper. He then starts yelling the same thing again, so my buddy turns, " hey I think ur lucky"?? The guy stared me down the whole time...I thought it was funny...the trooper not so much. I dont know of anyone getting a ticket around here, everyone is pretty cool.
99 2500 Black CTD Goat quad cab short bed 4x4 leveled on 35x12.50 nitto mud grapplers on black 16x9 moto metals 5pd Valair OFE 5" Staight piped, DDP150s TST PM3 Smarty S300 over S400 2005 Black Goat 3500 4x4 6spd doobie. CM TM Bed completely stock
Djasik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
VP at large

buddy of mine was driving on I-664 in hampton/newport news, VA. minding his own business (for once) this car pulls up behind him and gets so close that over half of his windshield is hidden by his tailgate (which was up) he lightly taps his brakes, car backs off. car comes back up to the same spot. he turns overdrive off and lugs it down and smokes this car out for a good mile on the interstate. when the smoke clears there are blue and red lights flashing, a VA state trooper. get a reckless ticket. goes to court the judge call the cop a dumba$$ for following so closely, dismiss's the ticket and the cop is no longer a cop
04 2500 (Hannah) 4x4 w/ 6 speed manual; South Bend Dual Disk, 2in leveling kit, silencer ring MIA, Icebox w/Amsoil dry filter, DPP Cool Hose, smarty SO6, ATS intake horn, FBD 5" straight pipe into "garage custom" dual 5" turnouts, BD exhaust brake, Airdog 150, Buckstop classic front and back, Warn 16.5ti winch; more parts at home waiting to be installed
HBACH'S CUMMINS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.