Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Anyone like to fish?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  99grinder 
#1 · (Edited)
Like the title says, Any one like to go fishing? My fishing season is going pretty well so far. I really like Catfishing and Crappie fishing and I havent caught any this year. We have caught a ton of stripe bass, white bass, and saugeye.

I fished a local farm pond yesterday with my wife and friend and the farm owner. I got the combination right and between all of us we were well north of 20 bass majority of mine were 3-5 lbs, and one hell of a monster. I didnt have a scale, but 26.5" and spawning this girl was over 10 lbs. A friend sent me a good chart using averages to estimate weight via length ect says around 11lbs 8 oz give or take.

Either way, it's the biggest bass I have ever caught. And there were bigger ones in there that I couldnt piss off enough to hit.

My go to rig is a 7 ft Fenwick Silver hawk spinning rod, Quantum Team KVD 40 reel, 10 lb stren, Gamakatzu hooks and Pumpkin seed Yamamoto Senkos, When they wont hit that I toss Berkley pumpkin seed colored 3" twitch tail minnow.

See less See more
#3 ·
Haven't gone fishing this year yet but have a big trip planned in a couple weeks down south for some bass fishing then gonna do some cat fishing myself after I get back. Can't wait to get the boat in the water. Nice catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: overactor
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.