I'm headed your way! - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Community Hall > Chapter Forums > North Dakota
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I have never ran chains and have lived here all my life, buy the mopar winter front and put some additive in your fuel find the block heater cord. These pickups start good but they warm up alot quicker when plugged in and are easier on the motor. Some sand bags help in the box if ya don't have any weight in the box.
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Dont forget a winter survival kit of some sort. Blanket, candles, flashlights, snack food, flares, etc... For the storms that blow up out of nowhere when your on the job site, or if you happen to hit the ditch during a storm you can wait it out safely.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Very true. ya might even add a extra fuel filter and the tools to change it and some sort of antigell additive. ya never know about the fuel? Good luck? Just use some common sense and try not to be in a hurry the traffic here.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

X2! I almost forgot the extra fuel filter. Also a jug of 911, the red jug, not the white. I use the white when I fill and keep a jug of red incase of a gell up. Knock on wood I havent had to open the red jug yet.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Thats the same for me, except this year I bought a S10 P/U to run to work and feed with, its way cheaper to run until I need a four by four.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Southern Idaho VP

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxd07 View Post
X2! I almost forgot the extra fuel filter. Also a jug of 911, the red jug, not the white. I use the white when I fill and keep a jug of red incase of a gell up. Knock on wood I havent had to open the red jug yet.
Are you adding the white jug already? Never have had to add anything to my fuel The pump that I fueled up on today in Stanley said it was treated, but how good I don't know
Boomer6104 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Sorry its taken a awhile the site won't let me on, but yes I add every other tank until I see it is going to be -0 for a while and depending on how cold I might even put in a few gallons of #1 fuel but I only do that when its going to be -20 and colder for awhile thats not wind chill since wind chill isn't that big of factor for the pickup.
Boomer6104 (12-07-2011)
Old 12-07-2011, 02:51 AM   #32 (permalink)

Maxxd07, 35 miles north of inson? your from killdeer? that's awesome I'm also from there.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #33 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

you really dont need to be adding any number one until it is below zero. but me being the guy that i am and the money that the oil boom pays i put some blended fuel in. for the extra 5 dollars a fillup and for the piece of mind i feel it is worth it. as for a treatment i swear by howes fuel treatment and in case of a gel up diesel 911(the red), chains arent really necessary up here as long as you have a good set of rubber on your pickup. my open country mts are good on and in everything except the ice so if you got them, know your limits. dont be that @$$hole to be the one sliding out in front of everyone and putting them in the ditch.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

oh i always carry a rubbermaid tote around too with "my winter essentials"-->a small toolbox with basic hand tools, extra fuel filters (i dont know why but my fass pump has a habit of gelling filters up), a 35' tow rope, log chain, some clevices, jumper cables, PS diesel 911, and a good old fashion aluminum grain shovel<--best thing to have. and inside its good to carry blanket, warm boots/extra clothes, lighter/matches. idoubt youll ever get stranded up here because youll always have that one guy thatll go out in any weather to get where he is going and people up here are good people so they will most definately stop and give you a hand

Last edited by pjdavis12; 12-08-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added more
pjdavis12 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Thanks pj... I have open country mt's as well but I'd like to get some chains for my truck just for the amount of driving I'm gonna be doing. Where is the best place to order some for 35 inch by 1250 tires.

I really appreciate all of the information from you guys because I'll be driving and covering all of montana wyoming north dakota south dakota, so I want to be prepared for everything.

What do you spray underneath your truck to aiden of corrosive stuff that they put on roads, also do you all use the 3M paint Protection film on rocker panels?

I have to buy the engine block heater cable, but genos garage also has a fuel filter heater kit available, is that necessary?

Thanks again
Old 12-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

i ordered my chains off of fleabay pretty reasonable price for the amount i use them i think 49.99. you dont have to worry about the road "salts" in nd. nd uses a non corrosive chemical for a deicer. i dont think the fuel heater is necessary as the stock fuel filter is in a pretty good location and the warm block should keep your filter housing warm. as for the rocker panels??????????????i have bedliner on my rockers so it probably wouldnt be a bad idea.....The best way to be prepared is just dont put yourself in a bad situation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.