Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Active New Mexico Members

719K views 32K replies 183 participants last post by  99lbcummins 
#1 ·
Just wanted to see who is on. We need to get nm more actively evolved so let's introduce ourselves
I'll start
David Brown Las Vegas Nm
Anyone needs help advice or wants to hang out let me know...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#2 ·
David I agree!

My name is Andres Montoya,
I am originally from Magdalena NM, But currently living in Las Cruces NM.
David how is the truck coming along?

#3 ·
Very nice to meet you Andres
the truck is going very slow http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/502172-complete-rebuild.html just incase you want to read along i am rebuilding engine trans dd clutch twins dosent sound like alot but getting parts in a timily manner isint easy out here... pluse i have been so busy with customer's vehicles i havent been able to spend a ton of time on it. looks like you have been through my same senario... how do you like your rig how does she run?

#4 · (Edited)
double post... stupid phone

#5 ·
Warren Zeman from Las Cruces Nm

#6 ·
Nice to meet you Warren

#8 ·
all right starting to get some turn out keep'em coming

#9 ·
Have you guys herd about the dyno and track day coming up sept 6th and 7th i am 99.9% sure going would be cool to have some people from NM show up

#10 ·
Very nice to meet you Andres
the truck is going very slow http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/502172-complete-rebuild.html just incase you want to read along i am rebuilding engine trans dd clutch twins dosent sound like alot but getting parts in a timily manner isint easy out here... pluse i have been so busy with customer's vehicles i havent been able to spend a ton of time on it. looks like you have been through my same senario... how do you like your rig how does she run?
You have a nice build going its a lot of work but will pay off. I just recently installed my compound set, and I have to say I love it. Im still in the tuning stages but where it is at now, is a night and day difference compared to my original set up. I have been trying to get the to be efficient with low if any smoke.

So where is the event being held at?

#11 ·
it will Be in Amarillo

#12 ·
LT. here from Los Alamos. One of these days it would be cool just to get together, show off the trucks, eat lunch, and put faces to names.

LT.

Reactions: Darkhrse99
#13 ·
absolutly that is what i am hoping to get us to... but first needed to find out who is still around. nice to meet you LT

#14 · (Edited)
irving mccarrick
artesia,nm
'04 1/2 black,3500,6 speed,slt,cc/lb,35x20s,front and rear bumpers,air bags,leveling kit,and b&w turnover.
whistler intake,5" strait pipe,power puck and silencer m.i.a.
this is my first cummins. i have had a powder stroke and a duramax before this. i have spent more on this truck for repairs in the 8 months i have owned it than i did on both of my other trucks in the 8 years i owned them:banghead: dont get me wrong i love the truck but the wife hates it.
so far its got new injectors, 2 fuel pumps(on the filter housing) ordered a fass system today. should have done it to start with. and i just replaced the clutch assembly today. ever try to do one by yourself?? holy cow i will never do that again.

#15 ·
irving mccarrick
artesia,nm
'04 1/2 black,3500,6 speed,slt,cc/lb,35x20s,front and rear bumpers,air bags,leveling kit,and b&w turnover.
this is my first cummins. i have had a powder stroke and a duramax before this. i have spent more on this truck for repairs in the 8 months i have owned it than i did on both of my other trucks in the 8 years i owned them:banghead: dont get me wrong i love the truck but the wife hates it.
so far its got new injectors, 2 fuel pumps(on the filter housing) ordered a fass system today. should have done it to start with. and i just replaced the clutch assembly today. ever try to do one by yourself?? holy cow i will never do that again.
Next time swing it by my shop I seem to be getting pretty good at them haha I did a f-250 clutch 4x4 today and tomorrow I am doing an 02 3500 2wd southbend clutch and hydros ... 2wd easy as heck 4wd= pain I now I am a ways away but I dont mind helping out and will give the shirt off of my back for all you guys.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#16 ·
irving mccarrick
artesia,nm
its pretty easyto do the clutch I replaced 6 in about 2 years. I haven't seen your truck when I go down that way.

#17 ·
corner of main and airport rd. truck is usualy behind the big tree. not usualy home befor 4 though. look for the 69 skylark conv. w/o top and the nasty little bug (4 sale)

#19 ·
bump up New Mexico