Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Farm machinery show

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Woosley 
#1 ·
1st place to hit will be the beer booth in broadbent:blues:

#6 ·
We went yesterday, walked my rear off, ate high priced food, drank high priced drinks, seen lots of sights, talked to several venders, the three of us voted Miss New Holland best of show, got some good deals on a bale spear and some led lights for my tractors.

Edit: Not really Miss New Holland but she worked at the display and looked very nice.

#8 ·
I ended up getting off work at lunch and headed out to the show yesterday. Didn't really buy anything but talked to a few people and walked a ton.

Yeah the pull tickets are crazy high. I look at them every year right when they go on sale and it's about $45 for tickets at the top of freedom hall., the rest are usually already gone. When I was younger I would go with my parents and we would sit a few row up from the track for around $25 a ticket.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Good old Kentucky Fair and Expo Center. Raping you on everything that can be charged!! I ALWAYS take my own liquor in, and avoid eating more than a small snack there, if I even do that much. I enjoy wandering around, arguing with Diesel Injection Service about their prices and performance parts, and other general shenanigans.

#11 ·
Speaking of... Our neighbor down the street from us called and asked if I would give him a ride to DI last week to pick up his truck. When we get there I listen to them tell him what they done to it. They replaced the fuel heater gaskets on his 89 F350.... 2 orings... Right on top of the engine.. $450 lol. I think I'm in the wrong business lol

#12 ·
DI has alot of advertising, and are established, and have been fleecing people that just don't know, for years.

#13 ·
Yep. That is true. I wish there was a big performance and repair shop right in Louisville. Between them and another diesel shop close to me, they are cleaning people's wallets.

#14 ·
Years ago I called DI about a pump for my semi, after picking myself off the floor from their quote I went to Cummins and got a factory reman for a couple hundred less. Couple of years ago I asked DI about putting 215 tips on my 160 inj (was setting down this time), bought a full set of inj elsewhere for same $$ and now have a set of cores to send in any time I order inj. Sent those cores to PDD for my new 5x12's and didn't have to prepay core charges and wait to my $$ back.

#15 ·
oh wow! :hehe:

#18 ·
They can charge less, because they aren't an actual business. Everybody with a Craftsman tool set and a "garage" had a shop about 4 years ago. I'm personally glad that fad died out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.