Cummins Diesel Forum banner

6.0 Ford Powerstroke Quiter

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jkidd 
#1 ·
Ran my Powerstroke into the ground. I expected more than 188K miles with all the fancy upgrades ($7K) but she let me down. Hello Chrysler!

#3 ·
2011 Ram 6.7 DRW with 70K miles. The upgrade on the interior is amazing from my 2005 Ford. The drive in the "new to me truck" is smoother than I could imagine. Down side is that m 6.0 could blow the doors off the Dodge. The new truck is a Big Pig but I expect improvements after upgrades.

#4 ·
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to CF.
With a bit of tuning you can make a huge difference in the performance of your Cummins.
Since you're not in a delete friendly state you could go with an Emissions Compliant tune from Calibrated Power Solutions. 500+ RWHP !
Also, you don't need to spend another $7K trying to "bullet proof" a Cummins. Just head studs and your good!

Let's see some pic's

#5 ·
Yep the Ram's are slow stock, it'll pick up allot with upgrades but a well tuned 6.0 is no slouch. However I knew I made the right decision the first time I towed with the Ram. Its nice not having to question the truck every time I take a trip.

Lots of info around here on upgrades.

#6 ·
I'm an Arizona native where smog isn't an issue and researching my options with deletes and tuning. Plus side is the Cummins seems like a platform I could accomplish the studs and all other work myself. Ill be sure to post the progress.

Peace of mind is the most valuable asset. No more worries pulling across the hot desert!

#7 ·
My 6.0 blew up at 95k miles, I now have a Cummins powered Ford.

#9 ·
My 6.0 made it to 189K before the heads went, then again at 212K ish (I honestly don't remember), I have been driving around for a year and a half with it while I get my Cummins swap stuff in a row. From the looks of it I'll be out the same amount of $$$$ in my Fummins build as I was in my bulletproof build it may even be less once I sell everything have some nice BPD products on it.

Why can't Ram make an Excursion equivalent :(

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum! :peelout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.