Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New young and happy cummins owner

374 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jkidd 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i'm new to the forum. I am 21, and just bought my first dodge cummins truck. It is a white 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW, short box, 6 speed (NV5600) manual trans, 4WD, full laramie package, with about 221k. I've owned it for almost 2 weeks, and i love it! I grew up around these trucks. My dad owned 3 different generations, an old 89 12 valve, an 01 24 valve, and most recently...an 03 (same exact specs, trim, trans, etc. as mine, just different color) that put out 412hp/889tq at the wheels. So naturally...i've been a big cummins fan, and wanting one of my own to build for a long time. (as well as my dad likes having another one around the house again lol) I've been saving up for years, and the dream has finally been achieved. The truck is mostly stock. The previous owner put a new southbend single disc clutch in it, and had new injectors put in about 10k miles ago, so luckily those are already taken care of! The truck drives great, looks great and runs flawlessly. Not perfect, has a few minor imperfections, mostly cosmetic, but not bad at all! This truck is a great starting point for me to do my own build, and i am really excited to get started. I work as an auto technician, so although i don't have a ton of experience, especially with these particular trucks, i have decent mechanical knowledge, and can handle most if not all work this truck may need, and what modifications i do. I'm no expert, but i know a decent amount about these trucks. Plus my dad's experience (on pretty much the same exact truck) is helpful too. I'm not doing anything extreme with the build, its getting a 3 inch lift, with 35/12.50/17's, and other minor cosmetics/mechanicals, etc, and my ultimate goal is 450hp/900tq at the wheels. I am looking forward to what else i can also learn from this forum, and what experience's you all have had. And i am really excited to get started with my new truck, and start learning more on this forum!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you got a nice truck. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

#6 ·
Welcome! :peelout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.