This post is meant to be constructive criticism for the TMC tune, so H&S can better dial in the next version. So I have a whopping 50 miles on the Overdrive TCM tune and figure that I would start with my initial thoughts. I am running the first version tune. I will update this post as I rack up more miles
Everything is good for the most part, so I will only point out what I would like to see changed. My comments are all directed towards light throttle acceleration and general drivability.
1) The TC lockup as well as 5th and 6th gear engagement is too high when accelerating lightly. If put in tow/haul mode, the shift points and TC engagement is near perfect for partial throttle driving.
2) 5th gear engagement and disengagement needs work. It will up shift at approximately 44 mph, but if you slow down to 42 mph it will downshift back to 4th. This leads for a 'hunting' of gears when cruising in 40 mph speed limits around town.
3) When in tow/haul mode, 6th gear engagement has been brutal. It is VERY hard and seems to be excessive to the point of potentially causing damage.
4) The TC needs to engage sooner. I haven't downloaded the beta tune yet as I would like to rack up more miles on the current tune and give more complete feedback on this tune first.
5) When decelerating to a complete stop, you can feel 3rd and 1st gear downshifts. This especially applies to 1st gear. This happened when stock, but due to the faster shifts and more line pressure (I guess) I can really feel it more. Those downshifts should be adjusted down so they occur at lower speeds and can happen unnoticed.
Thanks H&S for a great product and for always listening and responding quickly!