Mega-Flo 6.7L Intake Manifolds Coming Shortly... - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > The Market Place > Site Sponsors > Glacier Diesel Power
Glacier Diesel Power Home of Glacier Diesel Power

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Feed the Beast!!!

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Mega-Flo 6.7L Intake Manifolds Coming Shortly...

Since we signed the contract for molds to be built I thought a preview was in order.

The Mega-Flo Stage 3 will be a permanent mold aluminum casting. By going to the permanent mold process we will have a higher density part than a traditional sand casting. The permanent mold process will also offer a superior finish for colored powdercoat finishes.

To maximize internal flow area the injector line relief will be a cast in, solid boss. This will allow us to finish machine the line relief for tight tolerance and allow less interior protrusion. During final machining the interior boss will be reduced to the minimum need for injector line clearance.

As of today we should be about 6 weeks out from having them in inventory. Directly on the heels of this release will be the Stage 2 version with the throttle valve flange. This will allow the use of our TV mounted grid heater. With the more compact design of the 2010 IC piping, using our boost tube mounted grid heater really isn't an option. The MF Stage 2 will make keeping a heater in the system a snap on the 2010+ trucks.

Below is the FDM model being test fit on a truck. Since this model was made we have increased the gasket matching area even further and added the company logo. One photo shows a drawing of the unit as it will come out of the mold. Logo added and prior to final machining.

As always, input is welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Mega-Flo 6.7L Intake Manifolds Coming Shortly...-manifold-006.jpg   Mega-Flo 6.7L Intake Manifolds Coming Shortly...-manifold-010.jpg   Mega-Flo 6.7L Intake Manifolds Coming Shortly...-6.7-intake-manifold-2a-casting-6.jpg   Mega-Flo 6.7L Intake Manifolds Coming Shortly...-dsc000021.jpg  
'08 Ram 3500, QC, DRW, 4x4, 6.7L, 68RFE, Laramie ~ H&S XRT, Edge Race J/A, B&G "Modified" TCM, Goerend Twin Disc, X-Monitor, ARP 625's at 160, GDP MODS: Mega-Flo Intake Manifold, Air-Boss 67 Grid Delete, 3.50" Boost Tube, Wildcat F-62 Hybrid VGT, MK-2 Filter & Big Line Kit, Double-X Ladder Bars...

Richard @ GDP
509-993-4923
Glacier Diesel Power.com
Glacier Diesel Power is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Glacier Diesel Power For This Useful Post:
Mudman1 (11-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Looks great! Love the continuity in your products - GHD, inline GH & now intake horn...outstanding.

Projected cost?
08 3500 Mega, 2nd gen Stainless manifold w/S465 turbo, Extreme Studs, 5" Flo-Pro TBE, Volant PowerCore CAI, GDP Mega-Flo Intake Manifold & Air-Boss 67 grid delete, GDP MK-2 + Big Line kit, H&S Mini-Maxx w/Overdrive & MCC, Revmax Stage 4 TC, Revmax Valve body, BD Billet Flex Plate, BD Deep Tranny Pan, 2.5" Hell Bent levelling kit

Powered by Cummins Tuned by Draconian
DRam6.7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Feed the Beast!!!

Shooting for $369. Lower if I can shave off some machining time. =)
'08 Ram 3500, QC, DRW, 4x4, 6.7L, 68RFE, Laramie ~ H&S XRT, Edge Race J/A, B&G "Modified" TCM, Goerend Twin Disc, X-Monitor, ARP 625's at 160, GDP MODS: Mega-Flo Intake Manifold, Air-Boss 67 Grid Delete, 3.50" Boost Tube, Wildcat F-62 Hybrid VGT, MK-2 Filter & Big Line Kit, Double-X Ladder Bars...

Richard @ GDP
509-993-4923
Glacier Diesel Power.com
Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I was hoping you'd come out with another intake Rich! Gotta save, I really want that stage 2!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Sign me up!!! That thing is sweet!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Feed the Beast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMSnyder View Post
I was hoping you'd come out with another intake Rich! Gotta save, I really want that stage 2!!
You're looking for the flanged version Shane?

Richard @ GDP
509-993-4923
Glacier Diesel Power.com
Old 08-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Will you also have ports on the back of the intake?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Feed the Beast!!!

Yes. Look at the 4th picture in the first post. I added one solid boss on the back for ports. This way I can vary the number of ports and T-MAP location during final machining.

Richard @ GDP
509-993-4923
Glacier Diesel Power.com
Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Holy crap how did I miss that pic. Maybe it's time to change out the contacts.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Yes sir! Eventually I'll pick up your grid delete and TV grid heater thingy lol. So yeah sign me up for a stage 2!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Looks way interesting to me.

Can't wait to see the final product.

Definitely interested in it.
2008 2500 6.7l - G56 - QCSB - 4" TBE 4" Duals - FTE Resonator - S&B Dry CAI - EGR Gone - BOD Intake Horn - XRT - Valair Sprung hub DD clutch - Isspro EV2 x4 - GDP GHD - GDP GH Boost Tube - PSC Steering Brace - Kenwood/Infinity/JL Audio Stereo
Grant H. is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sign me up, jsurfdog@earthlink.net
jsurfdog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.