Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Newbe and need some advice

507 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Suprcynic 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2007.5 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab with a 6.7 liter and a 6-speed manual. Currenlty I am getting about 15 MPG. I tow horse trailers and hay trailers, no off road or racing and want to add some after market items to enchance "fuel economy" and towing power for the hills/mountians here in Oregon. I am thinking about:

Cold air Intake (air filter) wet or dry
Exhaust upgrade
Cold air manifold
and possible a chip/tunner

As you all know the cummings 6.7 is reletively new compaired to the 5.9, what are some suggestion?

As I mentioned earlier I am only getting 15 MPG and some of the form readers are getting between 17-20 MPG???

The dealer told me if bought a chip from them I would need to sign a waver???? :hyper:

#2 ·
my .02 is get a dry air filter and never buy any chip or programmer from the dealer. They will be more than happy to sell it to you and void your warranty. Just buy it online or someplace else. I would tell you some more stuff to do but I'm sure that someone else knows more about the 6.7 than I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.