305/85 r 16 Buckshot Mudders - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > General Forums > General Diesel Discussion
General Diesel Discussion Discuss General Topics related to the Cummins , Dodge Rams , Other Diesels Ect....NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
305/85 r 16 Buckshot Mudders

Anybody running this tire on a dually or seen them run? I ordered them last week and kinda wondering what I'm getting into.LOL Pics would be great too!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Havn't ever ran them on a dually, but there great on the last two 2500 4x4's that i have had, as long as you keep them balanced and rotated, if not they will cup out in a heartbeat!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I've ran the bucks before , but never this big . Hope they hold up
Old 05-04-2008, 04:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
1JP
Diesel Head

The Maxxis Buckshot Mudders? That's one heck of an aggressive, deep lugged tire. I've only seen them under a Suzuki Samurai that was used strictly as an off road rig. I wonder how they would hold up under pavement pounding and our weight. Maybe they would rate right up there with other mud tires with that softer compound? Very interesting.

You know something, I just looked through their website and saw that Bighorn tire. It looks similar to the Buckshot, but has that "siping" throughout the treads contact surface with the road. That "siping" is for wet weather traction on pavement. I don't know how those tiny little slits make that much of an improvement on wet roads, but they do cut down on things like hydroplaning. Just some food for thought before a possible hydroplaning incident with a vehicle our size on some narrow back road

Last edited by 1JP; 05-04-2008 at 04:49 AM.
1JP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm running 305-70-17's and I've got about 30,000 on them now and still got a little rubber left. Just be sure keep them rotated.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
1JP
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris05 View Post
I've got about 30,000 on them now and still got a little rubber left.
Hmmm, depending on how much driving one does, 30,000 miles can rack up in a year or so. I guess those big mileage numbers will be a thing of the past with these damn fuel prices though

How has those tires held up other than wear? Like dry rot issues, belt shifting issues, etc.? Towing/hauling? Noise factor comparison? When it's time would you stick with them or move on to something else with similar features? How they handle in the rain, dry pavement, etc.?

Last edited by 1JP; 05-04-2008 at 05:25 AM.
1JP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 06:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

I pull a 45hp tractor on a 22' gooseneck, and I've had them just under a year and they have impressed me. They sing a little but wht mud tire dont? I'm trying to save up for a set of BFG AT's they do a lil better in the rain.

Last edited by chris05; 05-04-2008 at 06:17 AM.
chris05 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
1JP
Diesel Head

Quote:
I'm trying to save up for a set of BFG AT's they do a lil better in the rain.
That's what I thought, which was the reason for me posting that Bighorn tire. They might be just as good as that Buckshot, but better in the rain. I wonder if BFG's AT cost the same or are noticeably more than the Bighorn. One thing about the BFG AT's, they wear like iron with great road traction anytime. But, if you have no complaints with the Maxxis, that's pretty good. I just figured they had good off road tires, never even thought of them as a road tire company. Just gives us more options :thumbsup
Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Buckshot Maxxis Mudders

They do alright in the mud. I try to go in the mud as little as possable 305/85 r 16 Buckshot Mudders-me-stuck.jpg
Old 05-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
1JP
Diesel Head

Quote:
I try to go in the mud as little as possable
No mud for my Dooge, it pulls the off-roaders to the trails and even with that, the off-roaders do not see mud. It's all about the rocks I stopped playing in mud puddles when I was three I'm in the market for "E" rated 35" (more of the aggressive look, than ye ole' street tire) tires for the Dooge, that's why all the road manner question.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

1jp i agree with you on the whole mud thing! i've been lookin for the samething as far as tires only in 33's
Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

why buy a 4x4 if ya aren't gonna get er muddy??
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.