Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Banks six gun

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Adams07 
#1 ·
Anybody on here running the banks on an 07 5.9l ? I took my truck in to get it installed and they told me i had the wrong one for the truck... They told me it was supposed to be the 63797, not the 63796 they had sent me. When i sent it back they told me that it was the right one that the number on the chip was the 63796 but the kit that it came in was the 63797. So i was just wandering if anybody new for sure that i have the wright one for my truck?

#2 ·
hey man ill look at my truck tonight when i get home and let you know the number on it. i quit driving it b/c my last fill up was $138, so i drive a jeep wrangler right now, but ill look and let you know what mine is

#5 ·
I love walkin past my CJ-7 to drive the Dodge...I'm making the Jeep a hardcore wheeler now! Cost me 150 at pump for either the van or the pickup. Dunkin Donut's oil is lookin good right about now:peelout!

#3 ·
the kit for your year is 63797, that is the full kit. there is another # on the actual module that tells you what year it fits. for instance kit 61046 would have pn# 63726 on the module, that is for an 03-05 6gun w/ pda docking station. you will need to call Banks and give them the # on the module and find out what year that is for. it could have been mis boxed.

hope that all made sense

kyle

#4 ·
Well the people i sent it back to said they contacted banks about it. They said that banks said that is was the right one for my truck. Im just thinking the people i took it to didnt have any idea what they were talking about.... O and yea wblogg1 let me know that would be alot of help...thanks.

#6 ·
Anybody else out there know what im talkin about?

#8 ·
Yes i contacted banks they said it was the right module. I think what happened was i didnt have the directions when i took my truck in to get my banks installed, so when the guys at the shop tried to look up the directions for the banks they saw that the number on the module didnt match up with the number on the kit that it came in. So they just figgered it wouldnt work for the truck.

#9 ·
Not to be a nudge, but if you download the instructions from the Banks site (Or get them faxed to you) then you should be able to install it yourself. I did one on my friends '01 and I have installed their exhaust and exhaust brake with ease. I am getting their exhaust housing to build a 35/40 Hybrid now. I know Banks stuff is expensive but the quality and ease of use is terrific. Just go slow and read the directions a few times before you start, that way there are no surprises... just my .02 Good Luck... Chris

#10 ·
Well i was goin to do it my self, but it was only 25 bucks to have them do it so i figgered why not.

#12 ·
I know but thats only because i already mounted the switch in the dash and mounted the harness under the hood. The only thing they were going to have to do was just hook up the connections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.