Cummins Diesel Forum banner

close to 500 horsepower?

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  rayster 
#1 · (Edited)
based on my sig,how close to 500hp do you guys think i am???my water/meth is 50/50 and with 2,6gph nozzles.what else would i have to do to get to 500?

#3 ·
nah...I'd say you're mid to lower 4's...go to Jammer 5's and stack a smarty with a TST and you might be closer

#5 ·
i would honestly say you are not very far at all!! my suggestion would be to ditch the jammer sticks and invest in some DDP 150's or some F1 Mach 4's. Maybe some head work, studs o-ring and such and youd be there plus some i would imagine, that aurora 3000 needs a bit more fuel i would think.

#6 ·
what are the specs on that ATS turbo

#7 ·
dont know much on the specs except it flows 1079cfm.they claim it is good to 575 rwhp,spools in 4.3 sec. to 23 psi.The compressor is 57.17 inducer,83.86 exducer.The exhaust is 73.44 inducer.63.75 exducer,non-wastegated.Someone else posted some specs on a bunch of different turbo a few weeks ago and according to his specs the aurora 3000 flows more than a super b,and just a touch less than a super b special.Im getting 43psi of boost.I chose this turbo for the 3yr 150,000 mile warranty.Nobody else seems to be confident enough in their turbo to offer a warranty like that.

#8 ·
right on I stick by what I said...you might also want to look at like a 62 or 64 from II or HTT

#9 ·
im running 0-60 in 5.8 and 14.8 at 99mph 1/4 mile,no boost launches.

#10 ·
more air, more fuel, more power!...the TST is JUST fuel the Smarty Fuels like a motha down low and a 62 or 64...move a CRAP LOAD of air

#11 ·
why do so many people say that jammers arent very good injectors??

#12 ·
I'm not sure none of the guys I know making over 550 or so use em, but they're not "bad" injectors...I've got a few buddys that SWEAR by II injectors, and some people that would never run anything unless Don M made it...it's all about what you like and what works for you...a friend of mine just made 590 with a set of 11 hole II injectors where another guy with a very similar set up only made 540 with some Mach 6 Plus injectors every truck is different and reacts better to different things

#13 ·
can i use a smarty with my edge?do you know?

#14 ·
yes you can, but since the edge is a timing and fuel box you should only run the smarty on the even numbersd, but it's still a pretty bad ace combo

#15 ·
should i do ddp150 sticks first or should i do the smarty first??

#16 ·
you should be more worried about your torque numbers than horsepower, you do have a cummins after all :peelout

#17 ·
ya but they both go together if one goes up so does the other.

#18 ·
Any particular reason you are running 4"? I would think with that much juice, 5" would be in order. (?) Incidentally I have a theory on the injector tip thing. Easier to screw up, and more unhappy customers due to this. My pet theory is people contaminating their tips on install.

That's pretty sick, by the way! :)

#19 ·
no particular reason for 4'',i put exhaust on it and the next thing i know is im addicted and just keep getting more stuff.my truck was 100% stock in nov. 07.I thought i was done but now im thinking of ddp 150s ,stacking a smarty on the edge and maybe twins.i just cant seem to stop.:peelout I almost bought 5'' but i didnt think i was going to do anything else,my bad.

#20 ·
egde sticks are rated at a bit less than what they produce, and they dont produce as much smoke as what most people liek to see, (even though it makes no sense to waste fuel especially with the cost of fuel these days).

i put on a bd special and 100 hp sticks this weekend past and i'll dyno it this week, i would expect low 500 and i have a similar setup to yours. i'm running level 3 daily, with a heck of a lot more power than before,

prior to the turbo, i was running just shy of 400 on level 2,

#21 ·
let me know how your dyno numbers turn out,i need to get mine on the rollers for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.