Cummins Diesel Forum banner

tinted side windows

750 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Hot Stuff 
#1 ·
does anyone out there know if there is a place to buy factory tinted driver/passenger windows with out having to put window film on them

#3 ·
ya the laws here are the same, but the cops said that if its factory tinted then i can have them. so i have been looking every where to find some. hope i can find them:lol3:

#4 ·
I don't think any vehicle maufactures tint the front windows. At least as dark as the rears. They do this so the vehicle is legal to sell everywhere. They can (and do) tint the rears nice and dark, but always just do a very mild tint on the fronts. Sucks.

#6 ·
Factory tinted windows? Not sure about that, but if you do end up going with film, CASH talks! When I was in SanDiego I took my chevy in to fix some peeling and the guy said that he wasn't allowed to do anything. But after some small talk he said that he would help me out if I paid cash with no receipt.

#8 ·
He charged me $80 cash for the front sides. Origionally when I got my tint in Florida, 35% was legal. I decided go with 20% after the installer talked me into it! Then after it was all said and done, he told me that he installed 15% because 20% was too light!!! No complaints here!!!

#9 ·
My installer did 15% on my side windows too. I love it! Looks like it shoulda from the factory!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.