Cummins Diesel Forum banner

best lift pump system

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  ppump01 
#1 ·
Hey all, Ive been reading around the past week or so, I think my first real mod to my truck is going to be a new lift pump and filtration system. It seems like FASS is the big name out there, but is it the best?

the whole kit seems to be about $669 or there abouts.

is there anything else worth looking at?

my truck is a 2001, auto, 2wd. right now i have a 3" straight turbo back dumping out the side, soon to be 4" turbo back and im adding an intake this week. I'm also thinking about doing the FASS this week.

Thanks

#3 ·
Air Dog makes a kit, it is the basically the same thing as a FASS $499.

#10 ·
Richard @ Glacier Diesel set it up before he sent it..idle at 16 psi, the bypass opens at 18 psi so that's as high as the pressure goes, unless I want to shim the bypass for a higher pressure. I didn't buy an extra kit for adjusting the bypass, Richard just through some extra shims in with it only takes about 10 minutes to do it. I have been running mine since last July with absolutley no problems. :thumbsup

#8 ·
I have the GDP Fuel Boss, great pump, actually a complete fuel system from pump, including lines and fuel feed and straw. The pressure is variable by adjusting the bypass valve using different shims. If you talk to Richard at GDP, he will customize your bypass valve depending on your psi needs. I would resommned getting the Competition Bypass valve tuning kit, cost $19.95 from GDP, when you buy the Fuel Boss. This allows you to customize the bypass valve after you get the system installed. I have mine set up to run from 8 psi(idle) to 26 psi(2,200 rpm), hits around 32-35 psi at WOT. Pump delivers more fuel psi as the throttle increases. My 2006 has the CP-3 IP, so I do not have to worry about too much pressure. With the VP44, you would definitely want to limit pressure at the high end to around 13-15 psi. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Mine has been installed for three weeks now, no problems at this point.

#12 ·
Call Mark with AIRDOG

I have spoken with Marc and Charlie the owner of Airdog:thumbsup. You can get the number from the website. PureFlow Technologies After all of my research on the different systems and talking with my Chrysler Tech Rep. I decided to go with AIRDOG:thumbsup. It is the most compact unit and it also removes air bubbles from the fuel, which allows the injectors to perform better. Oh ya, it the cheapest. Cheapest is not allows the best, but I feel it is this time. Just my 2 cents./

#15 ·
You should be able to start threads. Go into the forum of your choice and just above the first thread you should see "NEW THREAD" in blue.

#16 ·
This is such an opinionated question lol but I'm going to say airdog they've treated me well and was reasonable on price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.